The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been fun watching movies with my folks during the holidays.

I agree. :) It's so difficult to convince my Mum to sit down and watch a movie (she figures there are more important things she should be doing), but I managed to get her to sit still for 3 whole hours to watch The Sound of Music with me, and it was great!

Watched Saving Mr Banks which was so enjoyable ... even though I know it's total hogwash .. or the ending is anyway.

This is another one I managed to get Mum to watch recently. We both loved it. :) But yes, they did give it a rather happier ending than it should have been. I love that the actual recording of Travers is played over the closing credits.

Coran and I went to see Exodus yesterday, which I have been looking forward to for a while. The story is quite different from the Biblical version (as was Noah), which was for me at least was interesting.  

Edited by Talisman

Watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2 again yesterday! :smile2:

I love these :)!

Guardians Of The Galaxy. Just a remove -your -brain and enjoy entertainment. I thought Karen Gillan was pretty cool.

Nice! I gave my boyfriend the Blu-ray for his birthday so we'll be watching this pretty soon :) (but first I think The Wind Rises, the newest Studio Ghibli film).

P.S. I've removed your double post in case you wondered why it disappeared.

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies - I'm not sure if I can adequately put my feelings and thoughts about this installment of the saga into words. I came out of the cinema thinking "WTF was that?!" and "Are you kidding me?". It honestly felt as though Peter Jackson was flipping Tolkien the bird. Perhaps I need to go away and gather my thoughts then come back and write a more comprehensive review. :blink:

I also had the pleasure of watching Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou last night. It was a fun and quirky ride with a typical Wes Anderson stamp on it. :D

I agree. :) It's so difficult to convince my Mum to sit down and watch a movie (she figures there are more important things she should be doing), but I managed to get her to sit still for 3 whole hours to watch The Sound of Music with me, and it was great!

I'm glad you managed to convince her to wtch the movie! :smile2: Maybe she'll be more keen on trying new movies in the future. I forget: has she ever watched Gilmore Girls? Maybe you could convert her :cool:

I was visiting a few friends in Joensuu last Saturday and we watched three movies: Hot Tube Time Machine (very funny!), Black Christmas (it was okay, and certainly not the worst horror movie I've ever seen), and Cannonball Run (which was whack :lol:). 

I'm glad you managed to convince her to wtch the movie! :smile2: Maybe she'll be more keen on trying new movies in the future. I forget: has she ever watched Gilmore Girls? Maybe you could convert her :cool:

I was visiting a few friends in Joensuu last Saturday and we watched three movies: Hot Tube Time Machine (very funny!), Black Christmas (it was okay, and certainly not the worst horror movie I've ever seen), and Cannonball Run (which was whack :lol:). 

I remember when I used to live with Mum and Dad - if they walked into the room when I was watching GG, they would only comment that the characters spoke too fast.  :giggle2: I think Mum finds it off-putting. But you never know, maybe I could try to convert her!

I've lately been thinking of watching Hot Tub Time Machine (since I saw it mentioned on an episode of Big Bang Theory :D).

I finally got around to watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Despite the rave reviews, I didn't think I'd like it, but I was wrong. :)

I remember when I used to live with Mum and Dad - if they walked into the room when I was watching GG, they would only comment that the characters spoke too fast.  :giggle2: I think Mum finds it off-putting. But you never know, maybe I could try to convert her!

:lol: I know what you mean: I have a friend who doesn't like the show because they talk a mile a minute :D Their loss :cool: It would be an interesting task to try and convert your Mom, but you would have to be subtle about it... It seems like she's not going to do it if you just ask her and try and pester her to watch it. We need a plan....   :devcat: 

I've lately been thinking of watching Hot Tub Time Machine (since I saw it mentioned on an episode of Big Bang Theory :D).

Oh you should watch it! It was verrry funny. And sometimes rather gross :D 

Having read The Hobbit I knew from the first movie that PJ was taking GREAT artistic license with the movie. I just decided to enjoy it as if I had no knowledge of the book. Having done that I've really had a great time with them all. I've found that unless its a BBC production, scripts are rarely ever true to the book.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (again!)

Pacific Rim - truly dreadful, but it worked for me as it was late at night and I didn't need to concentrate on it.  Or stay awake, for that matter :giggle2:

Elysium - apart from Jodie Foster phoning in the worst performance of her career it was passable, if predictable.  Not as good as the director's previous, District 9.