The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw The Hobbit at the movies today. After some of the reviews here, I went in with reasonably low expectations, so I ended up being pretty happy with it (although I must admit that I fell asleep for at least a few minutes :blush2:).

I saw The Hobbit at the movies today. After some of the reviews here, I went in with reasonably low expectations, so I ended up being pretty happy with it (although I must admit that I fell asleep for at least a few minutes :blush2:).

I loved it so much I went to see it twice! And not just because of all the beautiful men in it . . . honest . . .  :blush2:

Last night I watched The World's End, starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I didn't quite enjoy it as much as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead, but it was still great, and very funny. :)

Star Trek Into Darkness

I think I've enjoyed this more each time I've seen it. 

I can understand why some fans of the original films don't like it - because it borrows far too heavily from one of them - but I can see what they were trying to do now (that kind of get's lost in the dazzle of the special effects first time around).

I think the new Star Trek films are both great films. Was never really a Star Trek fan but the new films have really dragged me in.

The last film I watched the extended edition of An Unexpected Journey, not sure the extra 13 or so minutes was really worth the extra money.

Currently on a re watch of The Dark Night Rises.

A friend of mine is staying over for a few days, and while she's out meeting other friends, she gave me her Netflix account details so I could watch anything I liked :) I went for a Steve Carell movie! And Meryl Streep bonus... Meaning, I watched Hope Springs. I loved it! :) Had a good cry :)

Edited by frankie

So far this year I've watched:

1. Shadow of the Vampire (2000) - 4/5

2. Flash Gordon (1980) - 4/5

3. The King's Speech (2010) - 4/5

4. Saving Mr Banks (2013) - 4/5

5. The Ruby in the Smoke (2006) - 3/5

6. Get Him to the Greek (2010) - 2/5

7. Anastasia (1997) - 2/5

8. Carrie (2013) - 3/5

We watched Despicable Me last night as OH had never seen it.  He's spectacularly picky when it comes to films, but to my amazement, he enjoyed this one.  Looking forward to the second one being shown on television now, as it's supposed to be better than the first one.

We watched Despicable Me last night as OH had never seen it.  He's spectacularly picky when it comes to films, but to my amazement, he enjoyed this one.  Looking forward to the second one being shown on television now, as it's supposed to be better than the first one.

imho .. it's not!  :D

But is it fluffy? :giggle2:

:DI don't believe it is quite as fluffy  :D 

The plotline was thin .. it's got 'we wanted to make a sequel' written all over it. The kids are still cute .. the minions are hilarious .. it just was too bitty and ridiculous I thought (I'm not it's target audience though .. I do understand that  :blush2:)