The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Kind of a Funny Story - an adaptation of Ned Vizzini's novel of the same name. Sweet and funny. Zach Galifianakis was, well Zach, and as delightful as ever, and Keir Gilchrist was a newcomer to me, and a revelation.

I didn't know they made a film of it! If I like the book I might have to see if I can buy the film too :).

The more recent Rise and Dawn are both brilliant, though :yes:

I can't agree there I thought Dawn was total pants so didn't watch Rise..

I also have Beneath in my collection I might watch that tonight too! 

Edited by vodkafan

Watched Dragonslayer last night. The dragon Vermithrax was excellent although the special effects of him flying are starting to show their age. This remains a most unusual  Disney film, a little bit too frightening for very young kids. 

It's Kind of a Funny Story - an adaptation of Ned Vizzini's novel of the same name. Sweet and funny. Zach Galifianakis was, well Zach, and as delightful as ever, and Keir Gilchrist was a newcomer to me, and a revelation.

I love Keir Gilchrist :wub: He's in the United States of Tara, which is an amazing show, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it! 

I haven't watched the movie yet, even though I'm dying to see it... But I'm going to read the book first. 

As for personal movie action of late... I'm sure I watched a movie last week! I just can't remember what it was :( I watched bits of Big yesterday, it was on telly. A classic :smile2: 

Julie & Julia will be on TV tomorrow and I'm going to watch it again! :)

Shhh! Don't ever speak of that monstrosity again! :P

Tim Burton's version of Planet of the Apes is an embarrassment! :banghead:   

Geez, in the very next post you spoke of the monstrosity again! :P

I watched Carrie last night. I've seen part of it before but finally got to see all of it, including the famed pig's blood incident. Good, creepy movie (and I had no idea John Travolta was in it!)

I watched Carrie last night. I've seen part of it before but finally got to see all of it, including the famed pig's blood incident. Good, creepy movie (and I had no idea John Travolta was in it!)

Dunno if you are into audiobooks or not, but Sissy Spacek narrates and it is awesome.  It's short too.

I watched The Family Man last night, I liked it a lot :) I'd seen clips of it some years ago and I had no idea what it was about, not knowing how it all started, so I've been wanting to get a chance to watch it for ages, and yesterday it was on TV. :smile2: 

Dunno if you are into audiobooks or not, but Sissy Spacek narrates and it is awesome.  It's short too.

Cool! I didn't know that. I'm not usually into audiobooks, but it might be worth it to hear Spacek reading it. :) Thanks for the info.