The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

I'm a big fan of most of the Marvel films too, but Guardians of the Galaxy never really looked like one I'd enjoy. Considering it's rave reviews I should probably get around to it.

I agree with all of this! I remember being unimpressed with the trailer, but I'm clearly the odd one out, so I guess I'd better give it a go.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re-watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes  :smile:

I liked that one :).

I haven't watched any films lately, we rewatched 45 minutes of Catching Fire but then I was too tired to continue. I hope to be able to see the rest of the film somewhere this week.

I watched Adam's Rib, an old comedy with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. Great flick. :)

Fantastic film!  Katherine Hepburn is my all time favourite actress. :)

I rewatched While You Were Sleeping yesterday while I was chopping onions and slicing mushrooms for a mega batch of veggie bolognase sauce for tea and to freeze for later on. :giggle2:

Guardians of the Galaxy.  I've enjoyed some of the Marvel films so far but never really loved any of them, until now.  If only the Star Wars prequels had contained half as much character, heart, and fun as GotG!  Marvellous  :D  :giggle2:

GotG my next film to watch! I've been dying to see it since it was first released.

I re-watched The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in anticipation of The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. I'm hoping the third installment will contain less fluff than the previous two...or my little Tolkien loving heart will be broken by Mr Jackson.

I'm hoping the third installment will contain less fluff than the previous two...or my little Tolkien loving heart will be broken by Mr Jackson.

I hope this too!

Yesterday we rewatched Toy Story. I hadn't seen it in a long time, and never with the original English voices. Not that there's anything wrong with the Dutch voices! But it's nice to hear the English ones :).

I watched a bank heist film called FlyPaper and rewatched AI. The "Flesh Fair"  scene where they destroy old robots and the scene where David finds all the other identical Davids are my favourites.

Mars Attacks!

I haven't seen this for years, but thoroughly enjoyed re-watching it.  Sick, twisted and very funny indeed.

I love this film! I rewatched it earlier this year I believe, after not having seen it in many years. It's a great film.

I agree with all of this! I remember being unimpressed with the trailer, but I'm clearly the odd one out, so I guess I'd better give it a go.

Got around to Guardians of the Galaxy and that's another resounding yes in terms of a recommendation - wonderful stuff. :yes:

OK, Ben. I'll try and give it a go. I caught the trail (haha) end of a trailer on TV today and saw some ridiculous joke. I thought 'Geez, what's this rubbish?' Turned out to be a trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy:lurker:  So I'm even less uncertain about it, but I'll still give it a try.

I rewatched Gravity today. Great stuff. Not quite the same effect watching it on my TV compared to the cinema, but still wonderful.

I still can't get Interstellar out of my head. I'll be watching that many times once I get my hands on it.

Finally managed to see Guardians of the Galaxy. One of my new favourite films. I loved the nuance of every character, every scene. The film was bold, warm, funny, and memorable. Soundtrack was a delight, and was a brilliant vehicle for the forward motion of the film. The Easter Eggs in GotG were fantastic. :D

I finally got to see Interstellar yesterday!  Visually, it was a beautiful movie and we both liked it.  I had to laugh at a few things

The Stand being in the bookcase and the robot in the back of Cooper's spaceship at the end when he goes to find Dr. Brand reminded me too much of Luke and R2D2

Otherwise, I agree with Brian's spoiler.

The scene with when Cooper is caught in the 5th dimensional place where he can hit the books which then fall out in Murph's room. I thought that it was a clunky way to explain and tie together the story. Although there are some scientific holes elsewhere they really didn't detract from the movie and I felt that it flowed really well up until that point. To be fair to Nolan, I'm not sure how else that part of the story could have been solved.

Anyway, a movie that won't be easily forgotten!

Edit- here is a cool site that explains some things

http://screenrant.com/interstellar-ending-spoilers-time-travel/

Edited by Anna Begins