The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Three Musketeers, from 1993.  I'm trying to watch all the adaptations, because I recently read the book, and I also really liked the recent BBC1 series, based on the characters.  

I liked the film much more than I expected.  Not sure that Chris O'Donnell was right for D'Artagnan (actually, I'm convinced that he was wrong for the part), but I really liked Keifer Sutherland and Oliver Platt as Athos and Porthos.

The Three Musketeers, from 1993.  I'm trying to watch all the adaptations, because I recently read the book, and I also really liked the recent BBC1 series, based on the characters.  

I liked the film much more than I expected.  Not sure that Chris O'Donnell was right for D'Artagnan (actually, I'm convinced that he was wrong for the part), but I really liked Keifer Sutherland and Oliver Platt as Athos and Porthos.

I haven't seen that one. But I have no doubt it must at least be better than the last film version from a couple of years back; which was truly awful teenage level slapstick

Oh yes :)  I love that film.

Great actors, great feel of the big city, and just such a homey movie for me. Maybe because I was so young when I watched it the first time. 

Edit: Always made me want to have a tuna sandwich :D 

Edited by frankie

Non-Stop, better than I was expecting but nothing groundbreaking. Liam Neeson really needs to start taking some different roles, I hear he's making Taken 3 now... seriously who keeps taking stuff from this guy?  :doh:

I don't think he's bothered anymore, tbh.  Not since his wife died, anyway :(

He's just started filming the adaptation of A Monster Calls which is a very different proposition than the Taken films and the like, so perhaps he's starting to branch back out in his choices of roles again now.

Last night I watched The Notebook again, and James Garner and Gena Rowlands performances still break my heart every time.

Just found Top Hat on BBC2, so enjoying a bit of Fred and Ginger on a rainy afternoon now. :)

Last night I watched The Notebook again, and James Garner and Gena Rowlands performances still break my heart every time.

I love this film :).

A few years ago we watched You Only Live Twice (I watched it without sound) which was nice except the sexism.

Ew- yuck!  We are watching Food, Inc for our English class- we have to write a review.  This movie makes me want to eat NOTHING.  Especially vegetables.  :banghead:   (the documentary is an hour and 1/2, is on you tube and is narrated by the authors of Fast Food Nation and Omnivore's Dilemma if anyone is interested).

That sounds pretty terrible! I really don't like it when something like that happens. We had to watch a documentary about the meat industry when I was in secondary school, it made me very nauteous.

Yesterday we watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier (finally!), it was really good! I felt very tired after it (and I still am) but I really liked the film :).