The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stranger Than Fiction. Not a new film I know, but it has taken a long time for me to get around to it as I dislike Will Ferrell but actually he was OK and the film was very good.

A few days ago I started watching a Brit film which was supposed to a comedy Cashback but only got about a third into it. It was painfully voyeuristic. Maybe if I had watched it all there would have been a point to it and it might have redeemed itself but I was not in the mood and rewatched Avatar instead

Edited by vodkafan

I really enjoyed Gravity. Maybe it did help to see it on the big screen. I agree about the suspension of disbelief, but a lot of astronauts/experts apparently approved for the most part about technical details and whatnot.

There were some glaring errors though, such as the shuttle/Hubble being as close as it was to the ISS (and that in turn being as close as it was to the Chinese station), George Clooney zipping around like the Rocketeer and the

Chinese capsule righting itself during re-entry

to name three off the top of my head.  I know why these things have been done in the way they have, but if you know how things work in reality (both physically and operationally) some of the choices made for dramatic purposes are akin to having someone walk on water in a Earth based film.

I've been wanting to see Another Earth since I saw a trailer for it before it came out. It certainly flew under the radar at the time - I thought I was the only one who had even heard of it. :)

I'd say it's worth a look, just don't expect a happy film!

Maybe if I had watched it all there would have been a point to it and it might have redeemed itself but I was not in the mood and rewatched Avatar instead

Now that's desperation for you!

Edited by Raven

Fantastic Mr Fox .. what a brilliant film :) I love what they did with Roald's story. Really off the wall but still staying true to the main plot. Very clever. Earlier on I saw The Ladykillers .. probably for the hundredth time .. love it though :D

love The Ladykillers, it's just such a funny film :D  I saw the stage play of it last year - it was SO good!

Whilst in London Big Son and I saw The Grand Hotel Budapest. So hilarious!  

I've seen previews.......I'm crossing all fingers and toes that it comes down here! 

The Book Thief.. Loved it! :)

Almost went to see that yesterday but decided I fancied something lighter so saw The Grand Budapest Hotel instead. It took a while to get used to the style but was very funny.

Almost went to see that yesterday but decided I fancied something lighter so saw The Grand Budapest Hotel instead. It took a while to get used to the style but was very funny.

I really want to see it .. it looks amazing :)