Movies You're Looking Forward to in 2014

Kylie

I'm looking forward to watching Noah when it comes out. Mostly because it's directed by my favourite director, and the trailer looks good.

Saw a clip about Noah tonight. Although I'm not a fan of Russell Crowe, this looks amazing! The ark has been so authentically built, I think they said it took 6 months to build and withstood a battering by Superstorm Sandy.

I just watched the trailer for The Love Punch today and will definitely be going to see it. It looks like a good comedy, and the cast is fantastic. Also, I adore Emma Thompson.

Here's the trailer for anyone who's interested:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Divergent

I don't think I liked Divergent much... did you read the books?  If not, you'll like it.  IMO.

I can't wait for Maleficent too!

Edited by Anna Begins

At the mo, I'm looking forward to seeing:

Godzilla (hey, it can't  be worse than the last one)

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

And possibly, Guardians of the Galaxy.  Not convinced by this one, yet.

Maleficent does look good in some ways, but some of the clips of Jolie speaking do look a tad hammy. 

Jupiter Ascending could be the surprise hit of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully the Wachowskis can rekindle some Matrix magic though . . .

Famous last words, perhaps? :D

Can it not? Saw a promo. And of course - the usual shot of the Statue of Liberty destroyed to make a point of how bad the damages are. Always a shot of a destroyed Statue of Liberty..... So cliché. In ALL movies featuring a disaster in New York.

Just for that, I won't see it.  :o

Edited by emelee

• 4 weeks later...

:) The Award winning Broadway Show of Jersey Boys is undoubtedly the movie that I am most looking forward to seeing in 2014. The stage production was great. Clint Eastwood is the director and producer of this movie. :)

http://www.jerseyboysmovie.com/?utm_source=sembing&utm_medium=Jersey%2520Boys_Pre-O_NonBrand_Interest_Desktop&utm_term=movies%2520clips&utm_campaign=resolutionmedia

Edited by muggle not

Saw a clip about Noah tonight. Although I'm not a fan of Russell Crowe, this looks amazing! The ark has been so authentically built, I think they said it took 6 months to build and withstood a battering by Superstorm Sandy.

We saw Noah.....the book was much better. Heh.

I thought the movie was rather off the mark, and uncomfortably sordid.

At the mo, I'm looking forward to seeing:

Godzilla (hey, it can't  be worse than the last one)

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

And possibly, Guardians of the Galaxy.  Not convinced by this one, yet.

Maleficent does look good in some ways, but some of the clips of Jolie speaking do look a tad hammy. 

Jupiter Ascending could be the surprise hit of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully the Wachowskis can rekindle some Matrix magic though . . .

Saw Godzilla today. I loved it, faithful to original. But a wonderful twist at the end made it special to me.

Can it not? Saw a promo. And of course - the usual shot of the Statue of Liberty destroyed to make a point of how bad the damages are. Always a shot of a destroyed Statue of Liberty..... So cliché. In ALL movies featuring a disaster in New York.

Just for that, I won't see it.  :o

No Statue of Liberty. Shot in Toyko and San Francisco, and some in Nevada.

:) The Award winning Broadway Show of Jersey Boys is undoubtedly the movie that I am most looking forward to seeing in 2014. The stage production was great. Clint Eastwood is the director and producer of this movie. :)

http://www.jerseyboysmovie.com/?utm_source=sembing&utm_medium=Jersey%20Boys_Pre-O_NonBrand_Interest_Desktop&utm_term=movies%20clips&utm_campaign=resolutionmedia

Oh, I really want to see this!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm looking forward to the final part of The Hobbit .. well .. no I'm not really but I will go like a lamb to the slaughter. Just the sub title 'The Battle of the Five Armies' makes me want to nod off  :D 

I suppose it's possible that I might enjoy it more than the other two .. I had the highest expectations of them and they didn't deliver (imo) .. I've low expectations now so in theory it could brilliant :lol: Oh Lord though .. Tauriel and Legolas/Kili!  :rolleyes: How will I get through it? (massive bag of Minstrels?  :D )

I'm not a movie person, and I very rarely go to the theater to watch anything, but I really really want to go and see This Is Where I Leave You. I read the book last year, I think, and I really enjoyed it, and I didn't know it was going to be made into a movie, till I got a snack from Lidl and ate it at Sello and was killing time by looking at the posters of movies to come. Great cast, too! 

I saw a trailer for Interstellar ealier this year while I was at the cinema , and I see that it's finally out later this month. I need to look at the trailers again, but it looks awesome.