Should I keep reading... The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Anna Begins

The Handmaid's Tale?  I'm 100 pages in (its only 320 pages) and I'm just not feeling it.  Its on my TBR list for 2014 and I was really looking forward to it.  Started Clive Barker's Books of Blood #1 (also on TBR 2014) and am hooked.  Could probably read both, but I'd like to know if The Handmaid's Tale is worth finishing.

The Handmaid's Tale?  I'm 100 pages in (its only 320 pages) and I'm just not feeling it.  Its on my TBR list for 2014 and I was really looking forward to it.  Started Clive Barker's Books of Blood #1 (also on TBR 2014) and am hooked.  Could probably read both, but I'd like to know if The Handmaid's Tale is worth finishing.

I would say it's worth finishing, but it seems like it's just not suiting your current mood. I think it might be best you leave it for later, and pick it up again when you're feeling you might be into it :)

Edited by frankie

I would say it's worth finishing, but it seems like it's just not suiting your current mood. I think it might be best you leave it for later, and pick it up again when you're feeling you might be into it :)

Ya, I think you're right... I'm still in a Divergent/ Allegiant mindset. :D

I managed The Handmaid's Tale the second time around, several years after the first try.  The first time, I abandoned it......can't even remember how far I got.

But, I when finally decided to tackle it, I flew right through. 

• 1 month later...