Namaste', friends.

Lone Watie

Greetings from the Eastern seaboard.

I read the rules, worked on my profile some, scrounged up an avatar, and now I guess my next stop is here.

I live in America, so please have patience.

I'd like to say I am well read, but I honestly can't. I love to read, for sure, and have read a ton in my years, but I'm no scholar. I grasp Shakespeare only if it has explanations in plain english alongside the text. I didn't grasp Iliad after two pages, and quit. I know what my intellectual limitations are. LOL.

I enjoy a little bit of poetry, but for the most part, I just don't get it. But, for some reason, I understand a lot of e.e. cummings. I don't know why.

Anyway, I don't swear, I'm not mean to people. I kid around some, but never in a malicious or hurtful way.

I'm a very peaceful person.

Anyway, I am off to explore some of the book discussions.

Peace.

Hi Lone Watie and welcome!

:)

I'm not that well-read either, but I've been making a big effort in the last couple of years and I feel as though I'm making (slow) progress.

I checked out your profile. I read my first Steinbeck a few weeks ago; it was Of Mice and Men and I loved it (bawled my eyes out too!) I also have a few more of his books on my TBR pile: East of Eden, The Grapes of Wrath and the The Winter of Our Discontent.

I look forward to discussing books with you!

Welcome Lone Watie! There are a few of us from America, so I hope you feel right at home! I think you'll notice quickly that everyone is very friendly! :)

Hi Lone Watie.

Welcome to the forum, which is definitely the friendliest you will find LOL (we are not modest either!)

As Elbereth said there are quite a few from America, and we are becoming quite international, which is great.

I look forward to discussing books with you.

Pp

welcome lone watie!!!! this is a really great place with loads of nice people- what a great picture of barnabas collins(jonathan frid)!!!!! dark shadows was one of my favorite programs when i was growing up- i live on the east coast as well- brooklyn ny to be exact- so again welcome and enjoy!!!!! carm

Hello and welcome.

We all have different commitments and so there is a great variation between how many books we each manage to read. The important thing is that you enjoy what you read and this is an excellent place for ideas. We also like to chat - being a very friendly site.

Have fun here

Judy

Hey there, LW :thud:

I live in America, so please have patience.

Aw bless! We are an America Friendly forum here :) (Besides, I love American literature: one of the best literary continents, in my opinion!)

I enjoy a little bit of poetry, but for the most part, I just don't get it. But, for some reason, I understand a lot of e.e. cummings. I don't know why.

Same here! I love e.e. cummings: I even read one of his poems aloud at Christmas. Do you have a favourite?

Anyway, I am off to explore some of the book discussions.

Well, see you there then :)