Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2014

Little Pixie

Be warned with counting your ebooks   :o  :blush2: - I thought I had approx. 60 on my Kobo reader, but when I actually counted them, there are nearly 140 *snort*!! Plus 30 something in the Kobo cloud ether, that aren't in the actual reader :lol: . 

I'm think that I should put just my paperback TBRs on my LibraryThing, just to remind me how bad I am at buying them, then never reading them  :blush2: . Then it will also limit the list to 200 (I only have the "free 200" so far :giggle: ) I joined the ROOT - 2014 Read Your Own Tomes group this morning, for some extra moral support.  Well, there are two chances of my making any effort of my TBR lists - slim chance, or fat chance  :lol: !

:giggle:

No chance for me, if I keep being tempted by booksies. :giggle2:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pixie

Sorry I just saw your question above about our weather. Yep, we've had bad cold weather here ( but a bit better today ) and several inches of snow. It's supposed to be in the 40's on the weekend ,so it will hopefully melt some of this stuff .

Sounds like you're still finding some good books to add to your collection !  :)

Pixie

Sorry I just saw your question above about our weather. Yep, we've had bad cold weather here ( but a bit better today ) and several inches of snow. It's supposed to be in the 40's on the weekend ,so it will hopefully melt some of this stuff .

I should`ve asked in your own section. ;) 

Had to look up 40`s Fahrenheit - that`s around 4C in UK-speak - and that`s about what we have here today - and I thought that was cold enough. :giggle2: Glad there`s an end in sight for you ; it looks entertaining on the news here, but I don`t think I`d enjoy it much if I had to urgently go outside.

Yea ,it was pretty bad cold earlier in the week . People's car batteries wouldn't start, all the schools and libraries closed , some of the stores closed and some people's water pipes in their house froze and busted ,so it hasn't been too great being that cold .

Weather in Ohio. Our saying here is "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes " .

Ooh, I remember only having 650 books in my TBR. *sighs*

Yeah.  :giggle2:

Be warned with counting your ebooks   :o  :blush2: - I thought I had approx. 60 on my Kobo reader, but when I actually counted them, there are nearly 140 *snort*!! Plus 30 something in the Kobo cloud ether, that aren't in the actual reader :lol: . 

I'm think that I should put just my paperback TBRs on my LibraryThing, just to remind me how bad I am at buying them, then never reading them  :blush2: . Then it will also limit the list to 200 (I only have the "free 200" so far :giggle: ) I joined the ROOT - 2014 Read Your Own Tomes group this morning, for some extra moral support.  Well, there are two chances of my making any effort of my TBR lists - slim chance, or fat chance  :lol: !

Right, and don't forget to count the ones "on the cloud".  Hah. 

I'll take a look at that ROOT...is it on Good Reads?

Yea ,it was pretty bad cold earlier in the week . People's car batteries wouldn't start, all the schools and libraries closed , some of the stores closed and some people's water pipes in their house froze and busted ,so it hasn't been too great being that cold .

Weather in Ohio. Our saying here is "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes " .

We let the water run every night.  Plus had the tank for the well wrapped up. 

Pixie

Think you'll be able to catch up with Kate this year ? Remember, they are trying not to buy any this year,so it may give you a year's chance to get some more piles going !

Kate

Yea, having it that cold is no fun . Thankfully we're up to a balmy 30 something today . But it snowed a bit more last night :(  Every year, I get tired of winter a bit sooner. I used to be able to hold out til March before complaining about it, then Feb .. now early January .

I can see why Charlie decided to stay down there in the good weather ! Smart idea. The older we get, the less winter appeals .

Yeah.  :giggle2:

Right, and don't forget to count the ones "on the cloud".  Hah. 

I'll take a look at that ROOT...is it on Good Reads?

No, I just can't cope with the ethereal ebooks at the moment  :o , I discovered I have 170 treebooks on my TBR list yesterday  :blush2:  :hide: . Root 2014 Root Our Own Tomes is in LibraryThing, in the Groups section. (I am so ignorant/technophobic computer/internet links stuff, that I can't give you a directions to it :blush2:  :giggle2:) . I find LibraryThing threads are not very user-friendly pour moi   :shrug: . Good for storing your books info, but not the same smallish community spirit as BCF. At least with BCF and LT/ROOT to keep me on the track of chipping at my TBR lists. Mmmmm, I wonder if this will work, or inspire me to more books :D

Ooh, I remember only having 650 books in my TBR. *sighs*

It gives me hope :smile:  - as Willoyd's 650+ and yours mega book figure :D . I find that only have approx. 200 treebooks in my TBR list  :angcat: . Could be "pride before a fall" coming up.... :giggle: .

I think that`s our UK saying as well. :giggle2:

Oof, that sounds really cold. :smile:

Pixie

Think you'll be able to catch up with Kate this year ? Remember, they are trying not to buy any this year,so it may give you a year's chance to get some more piles going !

Anything`s possible - though I hope not ! :giggle: Though now that I`ve bought more Inspector Henry Tibbett books, I was already thinking today that I only need 5 or 6 more to complete the series and why don`t I order those, since I`ll order them sometime this year anyway.... I restrained myself for the moment. ;)

Yea, having it that cold is no fun . Thankfully we're up to a balmy 30 something today . But it snowed a bit more last night Every year, I get tired of winter a bit sooner. I used to be able to hold out til March before complaining about it, then Feb .. now early January .

I can see why Charlie decided to stay down there in the good weather ! Smart idea. The older we get, the less winter appeals .

Snow`s an adventure for me, since we rarely get it here ; we have a bizarre microclimate, surrounded by hills, so don`t tend to get the `fun` weather. :smile:

It gives me hope :smile:  - as Willoyd's 650+ and yours mega book figure :D . I find that only have approx. 200 treebooks in my TBR list  :angcat: . Could be "pride before a fall" coming up.... :giggle: .

Well, you`re aware of your TBR, which is more than I was. I assumed I had around 300 books, and it was closer to 700 ( when I did a count ).

The problem is, you can look at other people`s TBRs and think you`re not bad in comparison - and add to your list like I did. A lot.  :giggle2:

The problem is, you can look at other people`s TBRs and think you`re not bad in comparison - and add to your list like I did. A lot.  :giggle2:

:yes: Very true. Very, very true  :blush2: .

No, I just can't cope with the ethereal ebooks at the moment  :o , I discovered I have 170 treebooks on my TBR list yesterday  :blush2:  :hide: . Root 2014 Root Our Own Tomes is in LibraryThing, in the Groups section. (I am so ignorant/technophobic computer/internet links stuff, that I can't give you a directions to it :blush2:  :giggle2:) . I find LibraryThing threads are not very user-friendly pour moi   :shrug: . Good for storing your books info, but not the same smallish community spirit as BCF. At least with BCF and LT/ROOT to keep me on the track of chipping at my TBR lists. Mmmmm, I wonder if this will work, or inspire me to more books :D

I find the groups/threads on Library Thing a bit sparse.  At least for what I'm interested in.  There was one several years ago that wrote comparative reviews, and I contributed a bit.  Most of the reviews were really well done, and interesting.  But no one has posted there in a couple of years, it just fizzled out, unfortunately.

And, yes, they are difficult to navigate.

Anything`s possible - though I hope not ! :giggle: Though now that I`ve bought more Inspector Henry Tibbett books, I was already thinking today that I only need 5 or 6 more to complete the series and why don`t I order those, since I`ll order them sometime this year anyway.... I restrained myself for the moment. ;)

Good luck in not!! :giggle2:

Eep, helicopter overhead and police cars across from us ; looks like someone`s gone in the river with all this flooding. :unsure:

Did you find out what happened?

Book # 4   Inferno by Dan Brown            TBR 746     New Books Bought : 16      Total Cost : £43.64

Amazon Synopsis :

'Seek and ye shall find.'

With these words echoing in his head, eminent Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon awakes in a hospital bed with no recollection of where he is or how he got there. Nor can he explain the origin of the macabre object that is found hidden in his belongings.

A threat to his life will propel him and a young doctor, Sienna Brooks, into a breakneck chase across the city of Florence. Only Langdon's knowledge of hidden passageways and ancient secrets that lie behind its historic facade can save them from the clutches of their unknown pursuers.

With only a few lines from Dante's dark and epic masterpiece, The Inferno, to guide them, they must decipher a sequence of codes buried deep within some of the most celebrated artefacts of the Renaissance - sculptures, paintings, buildings - to find the answers to a puzzle which may, or may not, help them save the world from a terrifying threat.

Great fun. There`s a hugely complicated plot involving science and Dante, which twists and turns madly and has you feverishly turning the pages - plus, there`s lots of fascinating science-y stuff and historical bits about Dante and the cities the book`s set in. I know these books are a bit formulaic, but whoo boy, what a formula. :D

Edited by Little Pixie

Great fun. There`s a hugely complicated plot involving science and Dante, which twists and turns madly and has you feverishly turning the pages - plus, there`s lots of fascinating science-y stuff and historical bits about Dante and the cities the book`s set in. I know these books are a bit formulaic, but whoo boy, what a formula. :D

Yay someone else who enjoyed this book :) I got it for Christmas and can't wait to read it :)