Hi Everybody!

SteffieB

Hi! My name is Stephanie, and I live just north of Boston on the coast of Massachusetts. I have been a big reader ever since Nancy Drew, although maybe Harry Potter isn't a big sign of my maturity:D

I'm in nursing school for another year, so for now my book inhalation is confined to summers. However, at the moment I am in a History of English Lit class..so still working on the Middle Ages for a few more weeks. Loved Beowulf and just finished Dr. Faustus. Anything that isn't pathophysiology is a breath of fresh air! Anyway, it's interesting how much things have changed and really, how much things haven't changed since then.

Looking forward to some good discussions. I can see myself getting addicted to these crazy smilies. They're awesome!:)

Hi Stephanie!

:)

Welcome to the group. I used to love reading Nancy Drew. I still have all of my books and would like to read them again one day. It's surprising how few of the books I have though considering how much I liked them.

You'll find a fair few Harry Potter fans on here. I'm currently re-reading the series (hope to finish the 5th book tomorrow) and I'm counting down to the release of the final book!

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here - there are plenty of nice people with great recommendations and interesting viewpoints :thud:

Anyway, it's interesting how much things have changed and really, how much things haven't changed since then.

I thought the same thing when I read Pride and Prejudice. Some books are just timeless, aren't they?

Hello and :) to the forum, Stephanie! I'm another Harry Potter fan (yes, there are quite a few of us here!) - I actually read loads of children's books - I guess I'm just a big kid at heart!

I hope you'll enjoy it here. :thud:

Welcome Stephanie :thud:

Very curious as a nurse to find out how a history of English Lit fits into nursing school!! :)

Well, I'm getting my degree from a 4 year university, and at the end it will be a BSN, or Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. So...there are a few "Gen Ed", or general education, credits we have to fulfill. I took a great art history class, too! And I minored in Community Health Education. So I've had some really good opportunities:) This is becoming a more popular route in the US, and many people also go on to pursue a Master's, etc., or even do an accelerated combined degree. But I don't think there is any less interest in the RN-only degrees, especially with the shortage of nurses.

hi steffie- welcome aboard!!!! this is a really great place with loads of nice friendly people- carm:mrgreen: ps- i love the smilies too!!!!:)

***Hi Stephanie***

Welcome to the forum. You will fit in very quickly!

Can I swap places with you for a couple of months? I'd love to visit Boston and area. Aberdeen is great (promise!).

I have never read Nancy Drew and judging by all the regular comments we get about the books on here in childrens book threads, I have missed out, so soon I will have to put that right. Which order do I read them in...or which one do I start with?

Anyway, get stuck in, and enjoy the discussions.

Pp

Steffie, :) to here. This forum seems to be bursting with medical people. Good thing for when you need quick friendly advice!

I'm in nursing school for another year, so for now my book inhalation is confined to summers.

Hmmm - no work talk pls!!:thud::lol:

Btw, pls empty a shelf or two - you might need the space for your soon-to-grow mountain of books to be read.:)