The Walking Dead

Michelle

Has anyone read these in the original comic form. I finally managed to treat myself to the first Compendium, and I've just finished the first chapter. I've never really seen the attraction of graphic novels, but these are brilliant, and I found myself looking at others in Waterstones the other day! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've finished the first Walking Dead compendium. I've decided that I'm not going to read beyond the second compendium until the show catches up. Although I really want to know what happens in the comics, I started watching the show before reading the comic, and I'd like the story to keep unfolding for me through the medium of TV. :) Although I may change my mind at any time. ;)

I quite enjoyed the comic, but I shouldn't have read it at the same time I was re-watching the series, as I started getting quite confused which events I'd seen happen in the show and which had happened in the comics.  :doh:

I read the first, and some of the second, a while ago. Then recently I went right back to the beginning, read fairly quickly to the point I'd finished at, and carried on, right to the end of the third. This was once we hit the break of the current TV series, so I didn't get too confused. 

After about the end of season 2, I read the first 2 compendiums of Walking Dead, then have been reading the graphic novels as they come out.

I used to like the show, but after reading the comic version, I felt the show was so disappointing in comparison, that I've since abandoned it. There's such great material in the comic, that I wonder why such wholescale changes were made to the tv storyline (OK, some of it might have been a bit harrowing). One of the seasons was totally dull apart from the last ep & then I tried to watch the last season that aired (that everyone reckoned was brill) but I just couldn't summon up the effort to watch it as I knew I'd ultimately be disappointed.