Athena's Reading List 2014

Athena

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly was a great reading year for you!!  You've fulfilled most of your challenges, surpassed in many of them and managed a respectable part of the ones not completed.  Definitely successful! Congratulations, many times over!  :bye2:  :readingtwo:  :flowers2:

Your stats are amazing! :cool:

Thank you Kate :D:friends3:

Wow! Amazing Year!!  :o

254 books in one year is quite a feat, congratulations!

You're so organized in your stats, I wish I was as organized  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed reading your stats, Gaia. :) I particularly love the graph that you included. How did you create it? I assume you had to sort the data to show only the books you read in 2014? I've never really been able to get my head around sorting into different folders. I went into 'View', 'Choose Folder Fields' and then chose 'Reading year', so I can view how many books I've read in each year, but how do you also do it by genre? If I add 'Genre' to the same list as 'Reading year', it just switches to genre and removes the reading year. Sorry that I keep asking you questions about the software.  :blush2:

I made the graph in Microsoft Excel, as some books I read were books I didn't own so I couldn't do that in Book Collector (I did use the numbers from Book Collector though along with the numbers of loaned books).

What I do is, I make a filter in Book Collector. It's the cone with a pencil in the bar underneath the Menu Bar, or you can also find it under the menu Search and then Set Filter -> Create / Modify Filter(s). I click on "Create / Modify Filter(s)". My filter says: "Book.Reading Year EQUALS 2014". I can then see the statistics of only the books read in 2014 (of course you have to add the reading dates for this).

You could also make a filter that filters Read in 2014 and a specific genre, by adding a condition "AND" "Book.Genre EQUALS" and then the genre of your choice.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask me if you have any more questions. I love talking about Book Collector as I love the software, so I'm happy to help you in any way I can :).

Thanks for the info. :) I love talking about the software too! :D

Unfortunately I can't find any options for filters in my software. :( In the Search menu, I only have the option to select different types of collections ('In Collection Status'). Perhaps it's because I use the Mac version, and maybe it doesn't yet have the filter feature. I'll have to look into this further on the BC website and forum. Thanks anyway!

Thanks for the info. :) I love talking about the software too! :D

Unfortunately I can't find any options for filters in my software. :( In the Search menu, I only have the option to select different types of collections ('In Collection Status'). Perhaps it's because I use the Mac version, and maybe it doesn't yet have the filter feature. I'll have to look into this further on the BC website and forum. Thanks anyway!

Ah, their manual says the feature is only available in the PRO version. Sorry, I didn't know this :blush2:.

Alternatively, you could sort on reading date or reading year, and select the books. Then it should show in the statistics how many of which genre you've read, I think.