A Tale of Two Sisters - Anna Maxted

Blossom

I only bought this particular book because I was looking for something that was a little light-hearted and didn't centre around someone's search for the perfact man! I'm SO glad I did (that one and Amy's Honeymoon by Julia Llewelyn).

Anna Maxted is a very gifted, insightful writer, and 'Getting Over It' is one of the best books I have read in this genre. Maxted has the ability to tackle very gritty (and often sensitive) topics with humour whilst still conveying the complexity of emotion involved. This is why I picked up 'A Tale of Two Sisters' - I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

This book revolves around the lives and relationships of two sisters, who are as different as chalk and cheese. It is written from both sisters' perspectives and, as someone with a sister, is very believable. Both sisters are dealing with individual issues which impact on the sibling relationship.

This is not a review, as such, because it would be easy to give too much of the story away. I just wanted to recommend it.

Kerri