Julie 2014

julie

Oh, Gawd.  Sorry you're going through all that with this knee.  :(  Miserable.  :friends0:

All fingers and toes crossed that the two weeks in the doc's office does the trick and no more surgery is needed.

I'd hoped you were driving about, tearing up the countryside. :) 

But fear not, that day will come!!  :friends3:

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That knee better make itself better or else it will have me to answer too! :giggle2:

I really do hope it fixes itself in the two weeks, will be keeping my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed for you!

• 2 weeks later...

I echo everyones thoughts here, hope you are doing okay. Love your avatar! :)

Edited by Devi

Just caught up with your thread, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems :(  :empathy:  It must be really frustrating to have gotten an allergic reaction to the meds and then feel so ill because of the meds you got to counteract the previous meds. And the knee problems!  :empathy:

Try to keep your chin up, Julie, you're going through difficult times but things are bound to get better sooner or later! 

Hi gang

I'm back . Been stopping in to read posts here and there ,but haven't  been much replying to any of them lately .

The therapy is going well and the knee is "almost " where it needs to be . Dr apt this coming Friday so I'm hoping he will say good enough and leave it alone . 8 weeks of therapy and I've had enough .

My new (used) car broke 3 weeks after getting it, so it's been a fiasco trying to get it repaired. I think we took it to a bunch of SCHEISTERS who gave me a line of crap regarding it . I'm assuming most ladies are like me and know very little about car engines, etc . but even I picked up on some of their lines.

They tried to tell me that I wasn't driving it properly and that a car like mine is not meant to drive to the grocery store at 35 mph once a week, it's meant to take out on the highway and FLOOR IT . ( apparently it can go pretty fast, but I drive like an old lady and never go over 50 .)

My husband told me they were just telling me that and it's not true ,and I've only had the car 3 weeks before it broke ,so I doubt my little old lady driving is what broke it .   :drive1:

To make a long story short, they had the car 9 days, refused to give me a loaner car ,so I had to rent one ( A LOT OF MONEY for 9 days ) ,then they told me Friday that they put some parts on, it didn't fix it and they wanted to put MORE parts on. Seeing that our bill was already over ONE THOUSAND BUCKS , and that it needed FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE WORK .   :banghead:      I told them give me the keys, I will take it home .

It's drive-able but still broken  ,so we are dropping it off tonite at a local guy who works on this brand of car  . He said that the dealer where I took it was a crook and that none of the things they mentioned were broken . He also advised me to stop payment on the  check, which I did. Not sure if that was a wise idea .

I'll log on from the Jail Library if I can and let you know . :dunno:

Anyhow, on the Reading Front, I've finished a few more books --will list them below and on my 1st post ,with just the ratings beside them .

Any questions just ask :readingtwo:

I hope you are all doing well, healthy and happy and finding lots of good books to read !

Read since last post :

29-Every Day is a Holiday - George Mahood  4/5

30-The Tale of Halcyon Crane -1/5

31- Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey - 4/5

32-The Skeleton Crew - Deborah Halber 2/5

33-Red Ruby Heart in a Cold Blue Sea - Morgan Callan Rogers  6/5 (Best of the year )

34 -We Are All welcome Here- Elizabeth Berg 2/5

35  -The Visitors - Sally Beauman 4/5 (Very much like Jane Harris if you like her books )

36 -That Bear Ate My Pants - Tony James Slater 4/5 ( SO FUNNY)

37 -Shadow on the ill ;The True Story of a 1925 Kansas Murder - 3/5

38  -Deaths on Pleasant Street - Giles Fowler 3/5

Edited by julie

Thanks for the update Julie. :smile: I hope that your knee gets a good report at the doctor's appointment.

I also hope that the lying dirt bag car non-fixer gets his comeuppance at some stage in his miserable lying cheating life. I HATE it when people take advantage like that. Grrrr.

I'm glad you're doing allright, Julie :). I hope your knee gets a good report too.

I'm sorry to hear about your car and the crooks :(. I hope they will have some bad luck later in their life, like Chrissy I also really dislike people like that. I hope your car will get fixed with the other guy for not too much money.

:flowers2::friends0:

I'm glad you've been doing some nice reading :).

Great to see ya, Julie!  Glad the knee is doing so much better!  I've been thinking about you.  :flowers2:  :empathy:

Oh, man, I can believe it about the mechanic, they can be absolute killers.  Buggers.  :banghead:   Been there, done that.  :banghead:

Nice list of reading.  :D  It's great that you've been able to read.  :readingtwo:  :cool:

Hey Julie! Glad to hear the knee is on the mend. I hope the doctor gives you the all clear.

Ugh, I hope karma kicks in soon for that mechanic.

Hi guys

Thanks for the well wishes . Will update after Friday's Dr apt .

As for the car situation, believe it or not, we have never been shafted by a car repairman before. We always take our car to a little place here in town and the guy is very honest and does good work. He tried fixing this one, but said right up front that he didn't know much about these cars so might not be able to repair it , These other guys were crooks  in every single area. As old as I am, you'd think I'd behave myself better, but I was SO angry at them Friday , I called them everything but a Milk Cow and cussed worse than a drunken sailor. :motz:  

I think they deserved it though . :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...