Julie 2014

julie

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pixie

It was rough . They work you really hard. I came home sick , took some pain pills and went to bed . I'm trying to do as many exercises here at home as possible so it's loosened up when I get there . Not fun . I'll be glad when it's over .

Had my Dr apt on Thursday. He said my leg is bending well and that I'd have at least 3 more weeks of therapy ,then if I'm doing ok, I won't have to go any more. He also told me I can start practicing with my cane already ,so I can get rid of my walker by this coming week !

He called my therapy office and chewed them out for being so rough. He said they were way too aggressive and were doing week 3 exercises on week one .

I have black & blue handprints on my legs where they were pushing and bending it so much .

Looking forward to walking with my cane this week. I'm already practicing with it this weekend .     :)

Edited by julie

I have black & blue handprints on my legs where they were pushing and bending it so much .

:o  :o  :hide:

Good grief ! Glad your Doc told them off. :smile:

Hurray that you`ll be swaggering around with a cane soon ! :D Perhaps a monocle to go with it ? ;)

Glad that you`ve making such rapid improvement. :smile:

Had my Dr apt on Thursday. He said my leg is bending well and that I'd have at least 3 more weeks of therapy ,then if I'm doing ok, I won't have to go any more. He also told me I can start practicing with my cane already ,so I can get rid of my walker by this coming week !

He called my therapy office and chewed them out for being so rough. He said they were way too aggressive and were doing week 3 exercises on week one .

Looking forward to walking with my cane this week. I'm already practicing with it this weekend .     :)

Good grief, Julie!  What a bunch if idiots.  Incredible.  Black and blue handprints??   I'm very happy that your doctor told them off about it!  Good for him! 

But Yays, on the being able to get used to the cane so soon.  That's wonderful news!  :cool:

I cringed for you when I read black and blue handprints were left. :(

Makes me angry they did that to you!

Thanks, guys ,

I'm really lucky my Dr is as good as he is . He is very nitpicky about the care his patients get . I knew them therapists were  being too rough . I've had the other knee done. Therapy hurt then, but nothing like this time ! ( I went to our local hospital last time,but they closed down so I had to choose someplace else . )

Anyhow, all seems to be progressing well otherwise. My knee is bending and straightening well , considering it was only 2 weeks ago today I had it done .Looking forward to walking without a cane and being  able to drive in a few more weeks .

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair - Joel Dicker   5/5

A very impressive book by a young 30 year old from France, who chooses to set his book in a small town in New Hampshire .

It's a mystery within a mystery, as it starts with a young writer who has just written his first big hit, then becomes unable to get an idea for his second book. He contacts his old teacher from college, who gives him a small piece of information which turns into an obsession with this boy to write the story ,and solve a mystery from 30 -some years previously.

A wonderfully told story. I'm excited to see what this young guy comes up with next !

Look out roadways!, Julie's a comin'!!  :drive1:  Great news. :D

You know, I've been on the fence about the Dicker book, but your review has brought me down on the side of wanting to read it, thanks, Julie!  :bookworm:

A very impressive book by a young 30 year old from France, who chooses to set his book in a small town in New Hampshire .

It's a mystery within a mystery, as it starts with a young writer who has just written his first big hit, then becomes unable to get an idea for his second book. He contacts his old teacher from college, who gives him a small piece of information which turns into an obsession with this boy to write the story ,and solve a mystery from 30 -some years previously.

A wonderfully told story. I'm excited to see what this young guy comes up with next !

Ooh, that does sound good. :D

Kate & Pixie

I hope you guys will enjoy the book if you try it . It's very low priced for Kindle, so really wouldn't be major bucks if you don't like it .

The reviews are strange. All over the place ,but I thought I was very good .

Hi Julie!

I've been catching up with your thread today, and boy you've been through a lot! I'm sorry to hear about you having knee problems, but thankfully it seems to be on the mend. And thank goodness you have a great doctor who takes good care of you!  :empathy:   And that's awesome news about the tryroid checks, wohoo!!! :exc: And a belated congratulations to your hubby for getting that job! :smile2: 

Whistling Past the Graveyard - Susan Crandall

For those fans of The Help,. you may enjoy this one . It reminds me a bit of it in a way . It seems a little far fetched in a couple spots, so I almost gave it a 3 star, but I liked the ending, so bumped it up to 4 .
It's worth the read if you don't want anything really taxing to read ... just an easy on the brain book .

This is going on my wishlist, thank you very much! :)

attachicon.gif51skWUgJUdL__AA160_.jpg

In 1964 ,there was a serial killer on the loose in NY city . The police were on the lookout for the guilty man ,and "found  him in a Laundromat early one morning . They took him in for intense questioning and decided he was the one who did it . Under 17 hours of questioning  ,the man broke down and admitted it .
 This is the story of the DA  ,who began investigating a bit on his own, and found that the entire case fell apart once he started trying to put the pieces together .
It's a very interesting book, which talks about how someone who is of low intelligence (IQ of 80) ,can be coerced into admitting to something he didn't do , how the police and justice system sometimes ignore the fact that they may be trying an innocent man, and the DA who wouldn't give up until they found the real criminal .
Very good book !     4/ 5

This one's going on my wishlist, too! It's been a while since I've added a new true crime book to my lists... One cannot have too many of those recs!

There's a really good book : 5187ZBGqt2L._AA160_.jpg
All about the Amish Rumspringa, or the time when the teens try to decide whether to join the church or leave it .

You guys were talking about the Amish people and the Rumspringa, which I find interesting. This book is going on my wishlist. Coincidentally I saw a reality TV show about some Amish teens who were out in the 'real world' on MTV. Two girls went to a modeling agent to show themselves and see if they'd be hired as models. Boy were they surprised when they wanted them in bikinis. 

My Cousin Rachel - Daphne DuMaurier  5/5

This is a re-read from a long time ago. I'm so glad I read it again ! Wow, what a story !

I know this is a re-read for you but I'm still very happy you enjoyed it! It's such a great story and there's so much suspense. Very atmospheric. 

The Storied Life of A J Fikry  -- Gabrielle Zevin  5/5 *

I also read this a few months ago and absolutely loved it :wub: I had to add some of the books mentioned in the novel on my wishlist :giggle2:

Thanks to you, I've fallen off the fence and on our stroll through B&N today, we picked it up. :D 

Will read it pretty soon. 

Hope all is ok with you, and you are not posting 'cause you're driving!  :D :D

Hi folks

Sorry for the MIA .

Things have not been very good here .

I had an allergic reaction to the heparin I was taking post-surgery which ended up in a trip to ER and my Dr, who put me on 2 meds to counteract that . Those made me really ill, so I have been sick as a dog from them .

I am done taking those and seem to be improving from that.

Had my one month checkup Thursday and my knee is not straightening properly. The Dr moved my therapy to his office ,so I have 2 weeks to get it to straighten. If not, I will be re-admitted to the hospital , put in surgery to have my knee manipulated, which means he has to break loose the tendons and muscles in the back of my knee so it will straighten, then it's back to more therapy .

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Just really discouraged right now .

Thanks to those who have checked in to inquire .

Just caught up with all your thread Julie....wow you have been through a lot. I hope the knee sorts itself out and you don't need the other surgery for manipulation...sounds horrid. Sending good vibes :flowers2: