Julie 2014

julie

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys .

I  am so relieved. I know other people go through this ,sometimes many times in their lives . This is our first ,after him getting the job the summer he turned 18 and we are now 56 .

It's very scary to have your security pulled out from under you like that and go out into the Job-hunting -world  , first time since 1976 !!!

Anyhow, thanks for all your good wishes . I think everything will be ok now. It's gonna be a hectic month coming up, with me going for tests 3 times pre-surgery, 2 more Dr visits before that ,then the surgery on the 29th . I'm not allowed to drive at all ( since my right knee is the bum one ,so I will also not be able to get to the grocery, mail bills , run errands ,etc. Also cannot get up and down the steps to get laundry done . I feel bad that all the odds and ends will be on him to try to do at night,such as laundry ( I can fold it and put it away, but not do the basement steps).

I can't get groceries, so something tells me we will be eating a diet of Pop Tarts (COLD) and possibly popcorn if he remembers not to sit the pan on the couch .  :D

I'm just SO GLAD to be getting some of these BIG THINGS completed so life can go back to good old ORDINARY .  :yes:

I'll be on my own for most of it ,since the hubster will be working an hour from home. He won't be here to be my backup person this time ,as he always has before , but I've already told him it's fine . It's taken too long to find this job and I don't want anything to happen to mess it up,so I will learn to be strong and brave and handle things on my own .

Thanks Athena

I'm not afraid to get any of them done it's just routine stuff I've had done before. I also have to toss in my yearly thyroid cancer tests, also which happen to be due next month .. I have those orders stacked up with the others . I'm really not afraid ,since none of the tests are difficult things that HURT ,and for surgery you're sound asleep so you don't know WHAT they are doing and would rather not know .

The only mistake I made last time I got my knee done was to lean up on my elbows when they wheeled me into the OR  ...

NOT SMART .

I wanted to see what all the nurse was putting out on the tables. I've never had so many GAGDETS for any other surgery ! I soon laid back down . It looked like an auto-repair shop .

Sometimes it's best to play dumb .

So, I'm taking the Forrest Gump attitude with this surgery :

THE DOCTOR IS GONNA FIX MY KNEE .       :shrug:   

Edited by julie

Thanks so much Pixie :)

Yes, my grandson said he'd be glad to come stay with me a few days and help out . He doesn't know much about cooking either, but I plan on stocking up on really easy microwave type stuff and simple to cook things . He'll be a great help and some entertainment . I'll go STIR CRAZY being stuck at home for that long . I just have an old car, but I love my car ... it's my freedom to get out a bit each day .

It'll be fine, though , I'll just come in here and post a lot so maybe some of you guys will yak with me to keep me entertained too . :)

I'll  go to the library and check out a HUGE bag of books to put in the closet for spares on those days when I am looking for something different to read .

I'm already making a list of everything I can get done ahead of time . We'll manage ok I think .

Yea ,it'll be ok I think.  :)   I'm just so glad for things to start getting back to normal and this knee has been getting gradually worse so it is something that needs done. 

It's funny, the first thing my Grandson said about it was that   "Good ! Now you can play Hopscotch with me again !!   "

Funny thing is, he wouldn't play it now. He's 12 and no 12 year old would be caught dead playing hopscotch today !   :D

He probably remembers 5 years ago wen I got my other one done, I couldn't play Hopscotch when it went bad . I used to play with him all the time ,and we'd go out and roll down the hill in our front yard  ,and when it rained, we'd take our shoes off and go splashing in the mud puddles !!  We have lots of fun memories like that . :)

And thanks for yakking with me, guys .. I don't have a whole lot of family left around here anymore ,so it's nice to have people to talk with .

Hi Julie, So glad to hear that your hubby got a new job, that's one thing to cross off the worry list. I hope all goes well with your knee surgery & you recover quickly .... i think the extra reading material is a great idea  :smile:

Thanks so much Pixie  :)

Yes, my grandson said he'd be glad to come stay with me a few days and help out . He doesn't know much about cooking either, but I plan on stocking up on really easy microwave type stuff and simple to cook things . He'll be a great help and some entertainment . I'll go STIR CRAZY being stuck at home for that long . I just have an old car, but I love my car ... it's my freedom to get out a bit each day .

It'll be fine, though , I'll just come in here and post a lot so maybe some of you guys will yak with me to keep me entertained too . :)

I'll  go to the library and check out a HUGE bag of books to put in the closet for spares on those days when I am looking for something different to read .

I'm already making a list of everything I can get done ahead of time . We'll manage ok I think .

Aw, I`m glad that you`ll be able to post and let us know how you`re getting on . Excellent news that your Grandson will be helping out. :friends3:

How far`s your nearest shop, Julie ? I think you`re in quite a rural area ? :smile:

Hi Julie, So glad to hear that your hubby got a new job, that's one thing to cross off the worry list. I hope all goes well with your knee surgery & you recover quickly .... i think the extra reading material is a great idea  :smile:

Thanks KM  -

Very nice of you to drop in and for the well wishes. Maybe now that some of the money/insurance worries will be easing up I will be more in the frame of mind to read . I sure hope so !

What's hopscotch :blush2:? (if it's difficult to explain feel free to say so then I'll try and find it online)

Athena

Hopscotch was a game I played as a kid. I don't know how long it's been around , but at least 50 years !

You draw a chalk ( or a rock that will write on cement) set of squares on your sidewalk . You make boxes and put numbers 1 -10 in them ,then each person playing has a rock. when it's your turn, you toss your rock and have to hop on one leg on the single squares and 2 legs on the doubles . I wish I had  a way of drawing it on here .

Anyhow, it'sa very simple game for little kids, but you need 2 sturdy legs to hop !   I hope this explained it a little bit better . It'd be easier to show you in person ! :)

Aw, I`m glad that you`ll be able to post and let us know how you`re getting on . Excellent news that your Grandson will be helping out. :friends3:

How far`s your nearest shop, Julie ? I think you`re in quite a rural area ? :smile:

Pixie

Yea, I will have my laptop with me at the hospital,so will still be able to log in here I think. This will be at a different hospital, but I think the other one will have free internet there too, so I can keep updated with what's up in here .

We have a small grocery store downtown . It doesn't have a great selection, but enough to get us through. Just the basics . I'll have enough food stocked up here before hand that we wont need much I don't think .

Perfect !

I should have just looked it up instead of trying to explain it . The pictures are much easier to see what I'm talking about .

Did you play Chinese jump rope too ?

Perfect !

I should have just looked it up instead of trying to explain it . The pictures are much easier to see what I'm talking about .

Did you play Chinese jump rope too ?

No! You made an excellent explanation....I just like belt and suspenders. :D

Had to google. No, I'd not heard of Chinese jump rope! Take a look, watch till the end...it's fascinating. I'd have to cut the rope off, I'd get so tangled up!

Athena

That's neat that you played Hopscotch clear over there too . It must have been popular everywhere .

Kate

Thanks for the video of Chinese jump rope . I was trying to remember all the different tricks we did with ours. We did another one where you crossed the ropes in the center like a triangle and had to jump out of it .

It's fun watching those other people do it . Sure wish I was still young and nimble enough to do THAT again .  !!

Then I saw a video on that same page for the Cat's Cradle tricks with the string. I didn't remember how we did all those either . Lots of good fun we used to have with a rock or a string .

Today's kids miss out on so much , don't they ?  That's why I did all the things with Cam when he was younger ,so he'd get to experience playing outside, rolling down the hills , jumping rope , stomping in mud puddles ... I just wanted him to know how much fun it is to be a kid and do simple things but have so much fun . He remembers a lot of it ,so I'm glad I'll be leaving him with so many good memories .  I hope he'll someday pass them on to his kids !

It seems that the kids I see nowadays have extremely nimble thumbs. :D. They're always on the phones, or whatever gadget they have. I don't see them playing in yards at all, or anything like that. I think they are losing out on a lot. Your grandson is lucky to have you!

Edited by pontalba