Your Book Activity - December 2013

Kylie

Wow, it's the last month of the year already! The year has just flown by, hasn't it?

What are you currently reading?

I haven't read anything for a couple of days, but I'm about to pick up The Dirt by Motley Crue and continue reading it.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, December already! Never mind, only three weeks to the shortest day :D. (Blimey, I'm starting to sound like my Dad  :blush2: )

Bought the ebook of Inverted World by Christopher Priest, after pontalba's review,but haven't started to read it yet. I am reading The Howling Miller and Chekhov's The Shooting Party,and enjoying both of them :smile:

Have just finished Girl with a Pearl Earing by Tracy Chevalier which I enjoyed it helped that I have a really lovely copy with the pictures she is describing in. I have decided to read something totally different and have gone for Linda LaPlante Cold Blood.

I've just finished reading The Drop by Michael Connelly , which I chose to re-read because I have The Black Box to read next. I wanted to refresh my memory a bit. Instead of that I'm now going to read a couple of shorter books first.

I finished Dr No by Ian Fleming last night. It was an enjoyable read but not quite up to some of the earlier books in my opinion. Not sure what to pick next but I might go for The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.

I'm about 70 pages into Snow Flower & The Secret Fan, it's a fascinating read but some of it makes my toes curl it's so gruesome  :o

Have just finished Girl with a Pearl Earing by Tracy Chevalier which I enjoyed it helped that I have a really lovely copy with the pictures she is describing in .

I loved it too, i didn't know you could get a copy with pictures in  :ob_cool:

I am 1/3 of the way through The Howling Miller, and it's really good.

I'm about 70 pages into Snow Flower & The Secret Fan, it's a fascinating read but some of it makes my toes curl it's so gruesome  :o

Ah, the you must be in the 'binding process'.... :o:wibbly:  indeed! But it's a great book too  :smile: .

Finished Oranges are not the only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson for the English Counties Challenge and now started The Last Good Man by A J Kazinsky which counts for Denmark in my World Challenge!

It's also my 52nd book of the year, which was the target I set for 2013 :D

Finished Oranges are not the only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson for the English Counties Challenge and now started The Last Good Man by A J Kazinsky which counts for Denmark in my World Challenge!

Well done Alexi :clapping: 

Hope you've been able to pick up a book since writing Sari :empathy: .. very frustrating .. Hayley too :empathy: 

Got a torn contact lens stuck in my eye and so can't read :( Sad as I was going great guns with A Fraction of the Whole and it's not the sort of book to step away from for more than five mins .. I'm more upset about the pain though .. it's really uncomfortable. Hope to sort it out soon but the eye will probably be sore for a few days so extensive reading is out. Wish I could re-live Sunday night again and take my lenses out before I got too tired :banghead:  :banghead:   

:friends3: Oh Frankie, I hope you can read something soon.

I started The Perks of Being a Wallflower of Stephen Chbosky last night.. and I can't stop reading :readingtwo:

And it's in english! :cool:

I love this book, it reminds me of my teen years.  My freshman year was exactly like Charlie's experience.

x

Congrats :)!!

I started The Perks of Being a Wallflower of Stephen Chbosky last night.. and I can't stop reading :readingtwo:

x

That's great :)! I quite liked this book, though it wasn't anything like my experience at university.

@ missing mojos

I hope they come back soon!

x

Got a torn contact lens stuck in my eye and so can't read :( Sad as I was going great guns with A Fraction of the Whole and it's not the sort of book to step away from for more than five mins .. I'm more upset about the pain though .. it's really uncomfortable. Hope to sort it out soon but the eye will probably be sore for a few days so extensive reading is out. Wish I could re-live Sunday night again and take my lenses out before I got too tired :banghead:  :banghead:   

x

Awwww that sounds very painful :(! I hope your eyes feel better soon :friends3:.

George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire 3: A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow proved too complicated for my tired brain, so I've put it away and started Helen Fielding - Bridget Jones 2: Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, which I'm enjoying so far.

Oh bloody hell :o This is too good to be true :D

I haven't been able to read a book in two days. Getting rather annoying.

Yes, The Howling Miller really is a good book :smile: , with lots of Kafkaesque twists in the plot. There was some love interest between Gunner the miller and the 4H Federation teacher Sanelma, but then  :o .... well, I couldn't tell you any more, unless you read the book  :giggle2: .

I hope that your reading mojo improves  :hug: . Mine seems to have kicked in again, after the last few weeks when it was pathetic.

:friends3: Oh Frankie, I hope you can read something soon.

Thanks Eleonora! :smile2: I'm so happy you're enjoying The Perks, it's a great novel. And in English! :D Good times :friends3:

I haven't read properly for ages Sari, a combination of a lack of time and lack of mojo. :(

:empathy:  It's rather vexing, isn't it.... Although if I had a pup like Jojo, I wouldn't mind it so much ... :D

Ouch!!! :empathy: :empathy:  Ouch! :( What's the situation now? Is the contact lense out? Oh I hope your eye recovers soon :empathy:

Yes, The Howling Miller really is a good book :smile: , with lots of Kafkaesque twists in the plot. There was some love interest between Gunner the miller and the 4H Federation teacher Sanelma, but then  :o .... well, I couldn't tell you any more, unless you read the book  :giggle2: .

:D Now I'm getting rather curious! :D What old-fashioned names... Sanelma! I've never known anyone to go by that name... :D

I hope that your reading mojo improves  :hug: . Mine seems to have kicked in again, after the last few weeks when it was pathetic.

Tell your mojo to kick mine's in the ass :giggle: