Hild: A Novel by Nicola Griffith

Anna Begins

I'm about 12% through on my Kindle for Hild and was just wondering if anyone is reading it and if they'd like to chat.

Abridged by me from Amazon

In seventh-century Britain, small kingdoms are merging, frequently and violently. A new religion is coming ashore; the old gods are struggling, their priests worrying. Hild is the king's youngest niece, and she has a glimmering mind and a natural, noble authority. She will become a fascinating woman and one of the pivotal figures of the Middle Ages: Saint Hilda of Whitby.
...Working from what little historical record is extant, Griffith has brought a beautiful, brutal world to vivid, absorbing life.

Edited by Anna Begins

This is the first I have heard of the book but it looks interesting. I will do a little more research and maybe put it on my TBR list.....thanks.

I like it, but it is probably one of the more challenging books I've read in a long time.  I'm 23% through and I'm hooked now, but I keep wanting to back out :hide: I won't though :D

Edited by Anna Begins