Hi All

Hazeltree

Hi

I'm Cath and just joined the forum. Reading is one of the few hobbies I find time for now so I thought I'd join the forum.

I've got a bit stuck in a rut as far as authors goes, so any advice on people to try would be appreciated! :hyper:

Look forward to chatting with you all.

hi cath- welcome!!! this is a really great place so enjoy!- as far as authors go have you read the kite runner by khaled houssini- fabulous book- carm

Hi Cath and welcome, you'll soon broaden your horizons reading wise and your 'To Be Read' list will soon become a mountain! I've found loads of new authors to try and love since joining here.

Hello and :hyper: to the forum, Cath! I'm sure you'll find plenty of new authors to get your teeth into here.A few of my own favourites are Terry Pratchett, Kelley Armstrong, Christopher Brookmyre, Stuart MacBride and Simon Scarrow (and that's barely skimming the surface!). Take a peek at the reading blogs section and see what everyone's been reading - I'm willing to bet that you'll find something that grabs you and screams "READ ME!" at you!

You might also consider joining in the reading circle (Lady Chatterley's Lover by D H Lawrence) or the comparative reading circle (Dracula by Bram Stoker and Carmilla by J Sheridan LeFanu) - whether you've read them before or not, there should be some interesting discussions to join in.

I hope you'll enjoy it here. :))

Hi Cath. I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice soon over here. When I joined I never varied much my reading material - now I can say that I even read fantasy from Jasper Fforde! (and enjoyed it) Pretty strange genre for me. What have you been reading lately?

Beware, it's highly addictive!

I've noticed that already! I've only really looked at the General Discussion section and found plenty to talk about there!

Maybe it's a good rut ~ who are you reading?

Too many to say really - Harry Potter of course, Trudi Canavan, Diana Gabaldon, Bernard Cornwell, some old favourites like Gone With The Wind and Daphne DuMaurier books.

The main problem is that I've read those books so many times that I am wanting something new. I think I'm going to write down some of the authors I've seen mentioned in here and go searching the library!

Hello and welcome from me. There's plenty of inspiration here - my TBR list has grown and grown since joining this forum. I notice you mention Daphne Du Maurier - there are quite a few fans on here plus a DDM thread.