Hidden books game

debbie_jones

Thanks Janet, all the ones I had so far were classics so I thought maybe they all were, might be able to actually get the rest now! And I have the man with a dice head now after your clue but I have to admit I've never heard of that book in my life!

• 1 year later...

I have now 15/20. I think I need clues :unsure::blush: I'm having problems with the train, the baby, the Istanbul to London ticket, the pink-and-white paper roll or whatever it is and the notepad with the number 1. Could someone help me? But don't make it too easy.... :blush: 

I have now 15/20. I think I need clues :unsure::blush: I'm having problems with the train, the baby, the Istanbul to London ticket, the pink-and-white paper roll or whatever it is and the notepad with the number 1. Could someone help me? But don't make it too easy.... :blush:

The Istanbul to London ticket to a train with too diverse people, and a too cunning frenchman belgian.

Edited by woolf woolf

The Istanbul to London ticket to a train with too diverse people, and a too cunning frenchman belgian.

That is so odd... I did think of the title earlier and wrote it down but the site said I got it wrong. I even checked to see if I'd gotten all the 'a's and 'the's right, and I did, and it still wouldn't accept it. I've tried again now, after your clue, and only now did it accept it :shrug: Thanks anyway! :D 

I got the baby right last night:

I can't believe I only tried The Little Princess and didn't even think of Little Prince  :doh:  :lol: 

Still have the train, the pink-white roll thingy, and the number 1 on the paper to get right.... It's going to take forever. 

Some clues, if you want them  :)

Train -

Look closer at the train... what is on it?

Pink roll -

The pink thing is edible (but you might not have it in Finland).  Kiss Me Quick!  </cryptic clue?>

I can't remember the 1 on the notepad.

Some clues, if you want them  :)

Train -

Look closer at the train... what is on it?

Pink roll -

The pink thing is edible (but you might not have it in Finland).  Kiss Me Quick!  </cryptic clue?>

I can't remember the 1 on the notepad.

All I can think of is

Spotty Train and that's not a book :shrug::lol: And as for the pink roll, ah, it's an English thing. We don't have those in Finland, no. Doesn't remind me of anything. I also had to google Kiss Me Quick and it's an Elvis song...? I think I'm never going to get this one because it's a challenging one for a non-Brit so if you don't mind, you can spill the beans for me with this one :) 

Oh and thanks Jänet for the help!  :flowers2:

All I can think of is

Spotty Train and that's not a book :shrug: :

Swap the words around and play with spotty a bit! It's also a film :)

Kiss me Quick relates to the seaside - you used to be able to buy hats with that phrase on them in tacky seaside towns, and sticks of rock come from the seaside! It was rather tenuous! :blush:

Graham Green

Swap the words around and play with spotty a bit! It's also a film :)

Oh my god I can't believe I didn't get it!!! :D Have read the book at least three times and watched the movie as many times :D  :doh:  And

just last Friday called this Scottish guy I met Spud because he looked like him :D 

Kiss me Quick relates to the seaside - you used to be able to buy hats with that phrase on them in tacky seaside towns, and sticks of rock come from the seaside! It was rather tenuous! :blush:

Graham Green

Well that was a difficult one, I never would have gotten it as I'm not familiar with the thing. Thanks, you saved me from growing grey hairs in vain :D :D