Time Travel Books

I have recently read Jack Finney Time and Again after Stepehen King recommended it at the end of his latest book 11.22.63.  

I have to say I enjoyed 11.22.63 alot more.  

Ive read a plethora of time travel related books including:

Timeline - Michael Cricton

Time Riders - Alex Scarrow

11.22.63 - Stephen King

Im after my next adventure if anyone can help? I love the idea of time travel and I am looking for a book that centres around it.  

Many Thanks

Have you read any of these?

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells

The Saga of the Exiles by Julian May (starting with The Many-Colored Land)

Replay by Ken Grimwood

The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers

All worth a look if you haven't already :smile:  

Have you read any of these?

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells

The Saga of the Exiles by Julian May (starting with The Many-Colored Land)

Replay by Ken Grimwood

The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers

All worth a look if you haven't already :smile:  

Ive read HG Wells........Been toying with Replay for a while as well as The Anubis Gates.  Not heard of The Saga of the Exiles.

Will be looking them up shortly

Thanks

11.22.63 is the best time travel book ive read, im also after some time travel books to read, theres so much potential to write about when it comes to time travel but i havent seen any good books recommended!

Connie Willis has written a series based around time travel back into British history being used as a research tool at Oxford University at a point in the near future. Her historical accuracy is a bit wobbly in places, but the stories are excellent (although a number of reviewers think Blackout/All Clear is long winded, I enjoyed the length)

Doomsday Book (to the Black Death)
To Say Nothing of the Dog (to the Victorian period at the time of Three Men in a Boat)
Blackout and All Clear (two books, but one continuous story, set in WW2)

She's also written a short story, Fire Watch, returning to the Blitz.

Connie Willis has written a series based around time travel back into British history being used as a research tool at Oxford University at a point in the near future. Her historical accuracy is a bit wobbly in places, but the stories are excellent (although a number of reviewers think Blackout/All Clear is long winded, I enjoyed the length)

Doomsday Book (to the Black Death)

To Say Nothing of the Dog (to the Victorian period at the time of Three Men in a Boat)

Blackout and All Clear (two books, but one continuous story, set in WW2)

She's also written a short story, Fire Watch, returning to the Blitz.

I will look out for these books, they sound good, thanks.

Up The Line  by Robert Silverberg....he doesn't ignore the paradoxes.

Also thanks VF for this one. I can't think of any new ones, but the Stephen King 11.22.63 novel is excellent, King at his best.

The Graham Saga books by Anna Belfrage are based around time travel. I just finished reading the 4th one (I was sent it for review) and enjoyed it a great deal. The books in the series so far are as follows:

A Rip in the Veil

The Chaff in the Wind

The Prodigal Son

A Newfound Land

They're of a similar style to the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds as if you weren't much impressed with the Finney book. I highly enjoyed it though ( loved all the old photos ) .  He also wrote a couple others if you wanna give them a try :

From Time to Time is a "part 2 "  of the one you just mentioned , while Finney also wrote About Time, which is a book of 12 short stories about time travel .

I really enjoyed 11-22-63, even though I'm not a great fan of time travel books, it was exceptionally good in my opinion .  

Good luck in your search .

• 3 weeks later...