Augusten Burroughs

frankie

I haven't put my new books on GoodReads yet, though I may have marked it as wishlist. I can't remember if we talked about it or not :blush2: (my memory is bad lately). Thanks :).

I can relate to the memory thing, mine's completely gone these days :D:(  :empathy:  I hope ours improve soon enough. It's not fun to have such a bad memory. It's really trying, especially when dealing with other people. I always fear they take offence when I don't remember something that's been already discussed. 

Augusten Burroughs uploaded a video on his FB feed of his dog Radar eating bread. It was so cute :wub: I love the story about how he came to adopt the dog (although I remember I gave Jänet nightmares about it, unwittingly :blush: A clown was involved!) and I always hope for more pics of the adorable little doggy and was so happy to see a video for once. 

I'm such a fan girl when it comes to Augusten! :blush: I'm usually not very bad that way, but I have a really soft spot for him! :blush:

Edited by frankie

• 3 months later...

Bargain! :)

OK Frankie, as you know, I've only read Running with Scissors so far. Which Burroughs do you think I should read next? I have Sellevision, A Wolf at the Table, Magical Thinking and You Better Not Cry: Stories for Christmas (not sure when I'll get around to reading my next Burroughs, but Christmas is a possibility).

Bargain! :)

OK Frankie, as you know, I've only read Running with Scissors so far. Which Burroughs do you think I should read next? I have Sellevision, A Wolf at the Table, Magical Thinking and You Better Not Cry: Stories for Christmas (not sure when I'll get around to reading my next Burroughs, but Christmas is a possibility).

It's most def a bargain! :)

Hehe, actually I would say read Dry next ;) ;) ;) Because if you want to read his memoirs, Dry is the next one, age-wise. Although... I suppose you could go with A Wolf at the Table, too, because it's a memoir but from a completely different perspective ... But you could also read the novel, or Magical Thinking. Oh and read the christmas book in December! :D

No help, me, am I? :D 

Edited by frankie

No help, me, am I? :D

No help whatsoever. :P

I actually thought I had Dry on my TBR pile, but I didn't see it listed. I must have gotten confused by seeing you mention it around the forum before.

No help whatsoever. :P

I actually thought I had Dry on my TBR pile, but I didn't see it listed. I must have gotten confused by seeing you mention it around the forum before.

:giggle2: I aim to please, not help! :lol: 

You need to get a copy of Dry :cool: Maybe you should go for Magical Thinking, it's one of those essay books. You can dip in and out of it :) 

• 2 years later...