I have almost finished Appetite by Philip Kazan and have loved the fact that food plays a massive part in the book.

Scents and smells are described in incedible detail and most meals are meticulously described as the protaganist is a chef (I belive the author was a restauranteur) who has a hyper sensitive pallete.

Being a chef myself I am very interested in any other suggestions for books delve into food more than others.

Cheers

Toast  by Nigel Slater. He is a chef too or a food writer anyway. It is his growing up years. The way he describes food was not like anything else I had read. 

VK beat me to it - Toast is an excellent read

Cool, thank you both. I will give him a try.

Im particulary interested in fiction as the vast majority of my reading is biographical or non fiction both relating to food.

Fiction wise, the only suggestion I can make is to read the "Pop Larkin" series of books by H.E Bates, which starts with The Darling Buds of May. It's been a long time since I read them, but my abiding memory is of the descriptions of the large feasts that the family always seem to be having! Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but a start perhaps?

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Edited by ian