Which Thriller 'Star' Deserves Their Own Movie?

Sagesmith

We've seen Alex Cross and a variety of other 'stars' of contemporary thrillers given the Hollywood treatment.

I just wondered which main character from a contemporary thriller, mystery or crime thriller book you believe would make a great transition to celluloid? And why?

Just for fun.

I've just discovered Robert Crais's "Elvis Cole" series of books, which I think would make great films. But I was reading up about him on Wikipedia, and he's on record as saying he will never sell the film rights to these as he prefers that his readers are allowed to keep their own mental images of the characters. I liked that, but I was surprised seeing as he started out as a TV script writer.

I would be interested to see Ian Rankin's Rebus books translated to the big screen. The TV series was good, mind.

I'm also looking forward to Odd Thomas being released on film

I've just discovered Robert Crais's "Elvis Cole" series of books, which I think would make great films. But I was reading up about him on Wikipedia, and he's on record as saying he will never sell the film rights to these as he prefers that his readers are allowed to keep their own mental images of the characters. I liked that, but I was surprised seeing as he started out as a TV script writer.

I would be interested to see Ian Rankin's Rebus books translated to the big screen. The TV series was good, mind.

I'm also looking forward to Odd Thomas being released on film

My wife keeps banging on about Odd Thomas. Dean Koontz isn't it?

What's so special about that character then? I'm intrigued.