How to do booklist

apacheflower

Okay I am fresh off the sign up page like 2 no make it 3 days now. What I was wondering is how does one go about listing books reading, read, or wish to be read? I have like 1504 ebooks which I dunno how to begin to list them correct and I have noticed some who have listed books did it by month and year. That would be very time consuming. And what about Goodreads? Can I go their and list my books? Just lost and need some suggestions or guidance please!

You can go to the Reading Lists/Blogs section and start a new thread there if you want to list your books. You don't have to list them all if there are too many - you could just list the ones you want to read. There are no hard and fast rules - people set up their lists depending on their own needs. If you want some ideas, check out some of the other reading lists.

You can sign up to Goodreads to list your books if you want. Not everyone here is a member, but it can be a useful tool. It would be best to visit the Goodreads site and check out the Help section for more info on what you can use it for. We are not affiliated with Goodreads.

I agree....browse on the Reading List/Blogs and get ideas of what you want to list. It can be good fun sorting it all out. Goodreads is fun too and you can add it to a Facebook page too if you have one and share your likes/reviews with friends.

Thanks Inver and Frankie ...... But I agree with you Frankie I have a very big booklist and adding books all the time. Maybe I think I should list all the books I have read sooooo far lol. Hmmmm....yeah I think when I have time that is exactly what I will do cuz to list books I still want to read from my list would take a long time indeed. Thank you for all of the great comments!

You're welcome :)

Another idea came to me: if you wanted, you could start listing the books you acquire after you've set up your reading log. (If you ever wanted to list all your books, that would be a start :))

Also: if you have any reading challenges going on, you can post those in the beginning of your reading log as well.

But like Kylie said, I think you could take a look at other people's reading logs on here and see how they are set up. Then just go with the flow :)

Some people like to set themselves a reading target (mine is 30 this year...and having trouble reaching that... :giggle: ) and maybe a list of books they want to try and read in the year and add to  a TBR pile on their shelves and then work through it that way. I have done something like that and also add to it throughout the year. So many books so little time... :D