All about Sonia

Sonia

Hi guys,

I'm a new member who just loooves to read. I found this forum when searching for a place to share one of my biggest passions, and here I am. At the moment I'm mostly reading classics, but I love reading all sorts of literature. It's just that classics fascinate me the most. I love that they've been read by so many generations and they still manage to be so up-to-date. It makes me think of the fact that even though life evolves, humanity and our various issues stay the same. I love libraries, too. I really like the idea that you basically have the whole world in one place. Books from all times and places, about anything and everything.

I'm passionate about a lot of other stuff, too, which you can read about on my profile. 

Feel free to ask me anything. I'm looking forward to get to know you guys and be a part of the community.

Have a great day!

Hi Sonia! Welcome to the forum. :)

A lovely explanation of why you enjoy reading classics. I don't really read many classics any more (I got tired of having them forced down my throat at university) but the ones I've enjoyed the most are Gulliver's Travels, Bleak House and The Three Musketeers. Do you have any particular favourites?

Hello Sonia! :welcome2: 

What are you reading at the moment?

Hello! :) 

I just finished reading "Ulysses" tonight. I had read it before, but it was a long time ago and I had forgotten how and why I love it so much. Brilliant book. A masterpiece. What are you reading? Have you read Ulysses - what did you think? 

Hi Sonia! Welcome to the forum. :)

A lovely explanation of why you enjoy reading classics. I don't really read many classics any more (I got tired of having them forced down my throat at university) but the ones I've enjoyed the most are Gulliver's Travels, Bleak House and The Three Musketeers. Do you have any particular favourites?

Hi, thank you very much! :) 

Aw - I totally understand, reading isn't as enjoyable when it's forced like that. Nice choice of books! I haven't read Bleak House yet, but the other ones I really liked! Some of my favorite classics are 1984, Crime and Punishment, The Trial, On The Road and Catcher in the Rye... Wow, I could go on for ages. Hahaha.