Pull apart bread

frankie

Hello peeps!

Ex is into cooking and baking, and I once saw this beautiful picture of something edible on his FB feed and asked him what it was. It was pull apart bread, something I've never heard of. He'd only discovered the recipe himself just recently and it was his first try.

Has anyone made it? What are your fillings/toppings of choice?

Here's an easy show-and-tell of how it's done by Nicko.

Looks yummy!

It looks scrummy .. we have 'tear and share' bread and I guess it's similar. I did used to get a lovely cheese and bacon loaf when I lived at Lechlade but the bakery is not there now (though I think they moved to Cheltenham which is very near me .. I should go check it out :blush2:) Anyway, this looks quite easy to make .. perhaps I will have a go :smile:

Cheese and bacon and bread .. what's not to like? I wouldn't mess with it .. I'd keep true to it :D 

That sounds REALLY good . They have bacon and cheese bagels at a nearby grocery store. They are really good ,too. They mix the bacon and cheese right into the bagel dough. Really good, straight out of the toaster . YUM . I guess you know I'm gonna go buy some this morning now . :)

They have something here called pull-apart bread ,which is what I thought this recipe was ,but nowhere close . It's also called Monkey Bread. Not sure where they got the name for it.

Here's a recipe for them -

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/monkey-bread/

That sounds REALLY good . They have bacon and cheese bagels at a nearby grocery store. They are really good ,too. They mix the bacon and cheese right into the bagel dough. Really good, straight out of the toaster . YUM . I guess you know I'm gonna go buy some this morning now . :)

They have something here called pull-apart bread ,which is what I thought this recipe was ,but nowhere close . It's also called Monkey Bread. Not sure where they got the name for it.

Here's a recipe for them -

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/monkey-bread/

I'll have to check out Monkey bread, too, thanks! :D I'd really love me some bread now :giggle:

Yes .. should be called tear OR share :D I don't appreciate them advocating the whole sharing thing ... that puts ideas into people's heads :giggle: 

People with ideas...? :no: That's no good :no: Nothing good can come out of it :hide::empathy: