Literary Love Interests

I thought of an idea for a fantasy type game where one person would name 2 famous literary love intresests in a novel(s) and deciced which one you would prefer as a fictional romantic love interest and why.

For example:

Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice

or

Rochester- Jane Eyre

or

Mr. Darcy

or

Mr. Bingley

(from the same book)

Then explain why you think the other is more appealing/romantic then there can be a friendy debate and then the next can put their famous literary hero.

Ok so first:

Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice

or

Rochester- Jane Eyre

Edited by cuppycakes

I think on the whole I prefer Darcy to Rochester. Rochester is a bit too brooding for me, and he has had a lot of traumatic times with the first Mrs Rochester. Darcy is proud and snobbish, but does change when he realises how foolish he has been, and is very in love with Elizabeth Bennet.

So,  Heathcliff    - Wuthering Heights

or   George Knightley  - Emma     

which appeals to you?

Heathcliff is a very passionate and devoted character but he's also unkempt and uncouth. Knightley he annoyed me greatly in the book because he was, I think, very sarcastic and egotistical. However, think I'd rather choose Knightely because he is more well mannered.

John Thorton - North and South

or

Rhett Butler- Gone With the Wind

Edited by cuppycakes

this is difficult CC as I have not read the books, just seen the film [Gone With The Wind] and the tv mini series [ North And South.]

However, I think that Rhett Butler would win [for me] over John. Rhett, is courageous and chance taking and very attractive and charming.

Now how about Pip[ from Great Expectations] by Charles Dickens

and Richard Sharpe [from Sharpe series] by Bernard Cornwell ?