Looking for a Fantasy/Supernatural Book

Well you see. I read the first book out of a series a few months ago. But for the life of me I'm having extreme problems remember what it is a part of. What it is called. I can tell you what I remember from it and hopefully you all can tell what book this is. (It is a newer series I think)

It starts out as Teens in school, and the particular teen has a boyfriend. Something happened for her to "awaken" I think it was. The whole world knows about these people, and they have a school for these people. In the setting of this book, Most celebrities, if not all, are a part of these people. I can't remember if they are vampires, wizards, or something else. (No its not harry potter lol) - I do remember at the end of this book or around the end of it, she knocks the top student of her position and takes over. How she did it was that this student summoned she couldn't handle and this main girl save them all?

I know this is very, well... Could be a lot of books, but I do hope I spark something in someones mind that sticks out and knows it.

This is as much as I can remember for now, But I'll add more details if I remember them.

I looked for an edit button, so either I'm blind or it doesn't exist. However I remember a certain mash-up of scenes in this book, and it will different from the original post:

The main girl is in school. Everyone knows that this society of people have someone "chose" them. OR are chosen by birth (It's one or the other). When she sees this guy, she knows that someone is about to be chosen, a few hours or so have passed and she sees this person again, now knowing that she is the chosen one, she freaks out. Saying stuff like, no this can't be. Why am I chosen? Etc. Etc. 

I've just tried the search method on my local library and this is probably the book I'm thinking about. Could it be Marked by P. C. Cast? The House of Night -series. 

With the extra detail, I think that might be it too, frankie.  I think it was the celebrity thing that threw me in the first post, Bloodmorphed, as I couldn't remember that detail, but it's been a long time since I read it, but it starts with the sentence, "Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, I saw the dead guy standing next to my locker."  The vampyre then quotes the ceremonial words to her and points his finger at her, and she is "marked" to become a vampyre, and has to change from her normal high school, to the vampyre "House of Night" which is the name of the series.

I'mm probably re-read or skim through the first book again to get me to remember everything that happened. It seems to be a decent length book series as well, so thats good.

While we are this subject though. Any other series like this? Vampyres, Wizards, Witchs, that have somewhat the same plot? Modern or Medieval. 

Again thanks for your help :)

I'm sure there are other series like that... Unfortunately none come to mind at the moment. 

You could browse our Horror / Supernatural / Fantasy / Sci-fi section to see if there's anything there to interest you.

You could also look at the threads in this Book search and reading recs section, I would think someone else has also been looking for books like these... But I don't know for sure.

And you can always start a new thread on here, to ask for specific recommendations. Members who've read this thread already might think you only came here to look for a specific book and might not notice that you are now asking for other recommendations, too :) And unfortunately you can't edit your first post until you have 10 posts.

Good luck! :)