Which book is this?

'The two tombstones were covered with a veil of cobwebs that fell apart like rotten silk with the flame from the lighter. The white marble was scored with black tears of dampness that looked like blood dripping out of the clefts left by the engraver's chisel. They lay side by side, like maledictions, chained together.'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay!! okay then ...

'And there are never really endings, happy or otherwise. Things keep going on, they overlap and blur, your story is part of your sister's story is part of many other stories, and there is no telling where any of them may lead.'

Sorry .. I've been away with the fairies (that is not a clue :D)

I'm pretty sure I've read this in the not too distant future, and may have an idea which book it is from, is it an unusual read?

It is quite an unusual read yes :)

Give us a teeny tiny clue, luv? Pretty please? :blush::giggle:

umhhh .. it would be filed under ... fantasy :)

sounds like an English author? [fishing a bit here]

It's not an English author gg.

It was frankie, very readable and very unique!

Ok, here is another...

"We got to practice our skills somehow, don't we? Case we ever need to defend ourselves. Otherwise we'd get rusty. Plus there's rules. We ain't allowed to kill anybody. Just scare 'em up a bit, like. And if someone does get hurt, well, they're back right as rain the next day and don't remember nothing about it."

:smile: 

It is indeed and I'm sure you would love it :)

It was frankie, very readable and very unique!

I think it's the circus thing that makes me a bit hesitant. I've never liked circuses :blush: Although the book is definitely on my wishlist.

Ok, here is another...

"We got to practice our skills somehow, don't we? Case we ever need to defend ourselves. Otherwise we'd get rusty. Plus there's rules. We ain't allowed to kill anybody. Just scare 'em up a bit, like. And if someone does get hurt, well, they're back right as rain the next day and don't remember nothing about it."

:smile:

This sounds familiar... somehow.... This must be British?

This is what's giving me grief:

And if someone does get hurt, well, they're back right as rain the next day and don't remember nothing about it.

:D

I want to say Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism but I think that's a children's book...