• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay!! :D

Hmmmm ... okay ....

He came over to her with the lounging grace of a panther, and leaned against the mantlepiece. ***** saw at once that he was not the kind that could be fobbed off with offers of tea. She was for it.

Hmm no ideas here.. Just tea, no toast? :D

Is it a classic? :)

Toast should have been on offer definitely :D It is a classic Hayley but a more contemporary classic .. that is .. it was published in the early(ish) 1900's :D

Is it a Jane Austin book?

No Vimes.

this sounds a lot later than Austen......... more like it was written in the 20's or 30's. Not a clue what it is though, in fact, even if I have read this book, not sure I would remember this bit of it.

You have the dates spot on GG :)

Romance?

Not exactly .. but perhaps incidentally :D

I haven't read anything by this author (yet) although I've a few on my wish list, but from the clues I'm guessing it may be a Stella Gibbons book?  I'm probably miles out!  :lol:

Yes it is Stella .. well done Janet :smile: I'm sure you can guess which one .. I'm so confident you'll get it right I'm going to say yes now :D 

Ok here is a quote:

"Will nodded toward Hadrian. 'Look at the swords he's carrying. A man wearing one-maybe he knows how to use it, maybe not. A man carries two-he probably don't know nothing about swords, but he wants you to think he dose. But a man carrying three swords-that's a lot of weight. No one' gonna haul that much steel around unless he makes a living using them.' Hadrian drew two swords from his sides in a single elegant motion. He flipped one around, letting it spin against he palm once.'Need to get a new grip on this one it's starting to fray again.' He looked at Will. 'Shall we get on with this? I believe you were about to rob us.'"