Do you admit to being a total fanboy or fangirl about a particular author?

vodkafan

Same here. Stephen King was my inspiration from the very beginning, and the very reason i started reading when i was about 20 years old or so. I grew up loving his movies "Silver Bullet", "It", "Salems Lot", Night Shift and Misery were my favorite movies growing up.

So then i started to read his books and fell in love. My favorite books of his are The Eyes of the Dragon, Misery, The Dead Zone, The Mist, Salems Lot & Black House. I really would like to try reading The Talisman because i loved Black House so much and i heard The Talisman is just as good. 

Im reading the Talisman now, havent read Black House yet, ill try that next though. Is Black House a sequel to The Talisman or not?

• 5 months later...

I think there's quite a difference in authors you really like and authors that touch your heart.

I only had two or three of the latter in my life so far. It wouldn't do you any good to know the names, because they've never been translated. 

But I even had the chance to meet one of them once and I found out that he's not only writing well but he's one of the nicest men I ever came to know.

Nope. Never been a fan of any one in my life. There are authors I like, but 'fanatically' like above all else, read and like everything they've ever written, no. And I prefer not to know anything about them. Particularly about their personal lives. I find it hard, if not impossible to read their work if there is something off-putting about them.

I have authors I really like, that I'll read anything they write.  But I'm not fanatic about them.  And my favourite author has at least one book that I haven't liked.   Some of my faves are:

Ian Rankin (didn't like The Flood, but have liked his others, and read the Rebus books multiple times)

Bryce Courtenay

Maeve Binchy

I'll probably add Diane Chamberlain to that.  I've only read one of hers so far, but I loved it, so hoping others are just as good.

No. There are only authors I like much better than others. Which is surprising, because I always fall in love when it comes to other areas. Actors, characters, singers, cartoons, sports profiles, films etc etc etc But so far, no author. 

I think there's quite a difference in authors you really like and authors that touch your heart.

I only had two or three of the latter in my life so far. It wouldn't do you any good to know the names, because they've never been translated. 

But I even had the chance to meet one of them once and I found out that he's not only writing well but he's one of the nicest men I ever came to know.

It's so nice that you got to meet one of your most favorite authors, and that he was nice and likeable, too! :)

You could name the authors, you never know, we might get some new German members or someone fluent in German might read their books :)

My favourite authors change a lot as I read different books and am introduced to more great writers.

My current favourite authors at the moment though are Vladimir Nabokov, Sarah Hall and Oscar Wilde. I'm going to try and read as much as their work as possible, I find their style of writing so captivating.

So I guess you could say in a sense I'm a bit if a fan girl about those writers. I would certainly be over the moon if I ever got to meet Sarah Hall.

• 5 months later...

Clive Barker, who I have been extraordinarily lucky to meet 3 times.  And anyone that know me, Catherine Ryan Hyde!  I am constantly recommending her!  And I would be a miss by not saying Ernest Hemingway, I have read almost his whole cannon, including his short stories.