The Voice

muggle not

There are 3 TV show featuring singing competition in the U.S.

American Idol

The X-Factor

The Voice

My runaway favorite is The Voice with Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton as judges and competitors. They each compete to put together a team of 12 ? contestants each and then the competition begins.

I really like the show. Any others on the forum watch it.

Edited by muggle not

I just wanted to add that the original idea came from the Netherlands and here it airs as "The Voice of Holland". Naturally we see the Dutch version here, and I've seen some bits of it since my parents love to watch it (mainly for the good music). I think the idea is great, I'm just not the kind of person who likes to watch singing competitions. But I like that the judges don't get to see the person until they've said that they liked their singing. Judging happens solely based on singing and not on looks, which I think sets it apart from other singing competitions. I don't know if the US or UK version work in the exact same way as the Dutch one does (but I'm slightly proud that it was a Dutch idea (just like Big Brother..)).

I'm like Athena: I don't really like this sort of thing, but I watched the first series of the UK version, where the judges were Will.I.Am, Jessie J, Tom Jones and Danny something (from the Script). I enjoyed it at first, especially the blind auditions, since it made it different from the X Factor . . . but I don't watch it any more because the judges were so attention-seeking. They made it more about them than about the singing or the contestants, and it really wound me up! :giggle2:

Edited by Signor Finzione

• 1 month later...

There are 3 TV show featuring singing competition in the U.S.

American Idol

The X-Factor

The Voice

My runaway favorite is The Voice with Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton as judges and competitors. They each compete to put together a team of 12 ? contestants each and then the competition begins.

I really like the show. Any others on the forum watch it.

IMHO this is the best show on American TV.

They are down to 8 contestants and tonight they eliminated two, one of which was a girl (Caroline) I really liked. The remaining six though are outstanding.

http://youtu.be/_0MleFG5CDw

Edited by muggle not

What a great performance by Jacquie Lee last night on the voice. There are 6 contestants remaining and tonight one is voted off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEdjNhd5yY&feature=player_embedded

Jacquie is on Christina's team and even Christina was stunned by the performance. The audience gave Jacquie a standing ovation. If you watch the video you should watch it till the end . I hope she wins although the other contestants are also pretty darn good.

Some people are comparing Jacqui Lee's singing of Crybaby to the original sung by Janis Joplin. That isn't fair to Jacquie. Janis was a great, great accomplished singer and a legend. Jacquie is just starting out in her career and is only 16 years old. Janis Joplin:

Edited by muggle not

Some people are comparing Jacqui Lee's singing of Crybaby to the original sung by Janis Joplin. That isn't fair to Jacquie. Janis was a great, great accomplished singer and a legend. Jacquie is just starting out in her career and is only 16 years old. Janis Joplin:

I agree Muggle, it isn't fair. And really, a singer needs to develop their own distinctive voice and style and not just imitate others.