I need some tips on removing dirt from my bathroom tile

Rachel56789

I made this thread looking for advice on how I can remove grout and dirt from my bathroom floor tile. It won't come off easily, so does anyone on here have any tips and tricks to remove it easily? I tried Scrubbing Bubbles on it, and as hard as I scrubbed, it didn't really do the job :/ It works wonders on rings though. Any advice would be helpful.

Hire a servant ;)

The answer to many of life's woes! :giggle2:

Have you tried a steam cleaner with a nozzle attachment? They can sort out many a nook and cranny!  

Are you trying to clean the grout or remove it? This YouTube page has 'How To...' pages to both clean and remove grouting. I have found some of these tutorial videos really helpful, even if they do assume zero knowledge / intelligence at times (which is probably for the best with me!).

The answer to many of life's woes! :giggle2:

Have you tried a steam cleaner with a nozzle attachment? They can sort out many a nook and cranny!  

Are you trying to clean the grout or remove it? This YouTube page has 'How To...' pages to both clean and remove grouting. I have found some of these tutorial videos really helpful, even if they do assume zero knowledge / intelligence at times (which is probably for the best with me!).

Oh, ok. I'll try that. Thanks

The easiest on the back method I've found is making a mixture of bleach and water.  Doesn't have to be strong, maybe 20% bleach to water.  Mix it up in one of those empty detergent squirt bottles.  Then squirt the mixture onto the grout, or tile where it is grouty and let it sit for a while.  Mop.  Worked like a charm for me. 

Oh, adding in edit.....be sure to close off the room so pets and kids don't wander in on it, and open the window for fresh air.

Edited by pontalba

The easiest on the back method I've found is making a mixture of bleach and water.  Doesn't have to be strong, maybe 20% bleach to water.  Mix it up in one of those empty detergent squirt bottles.  Then squirt the mixture onto the grout, or tile where it is grouty and let it sit for a while.  Mop.  Worked like a charm for me. 

Oh, adding in edit.....be sure to close off the room so pets and kids don't wander in on it, and open the window for fresh air.

Pontalba's suggestion is also my method for cleaning grout on bathroom tiles.

• 4 months later...

I have a lot of luck with baking soda, Mr. Clean and a stiff-bristled brush. I sprinkle baking soda on the grout, mix some Mr. Clean with hot water, dip my scrub brush in it and scrub away.   It becomes sparkling white pretty quickly.  Now the mixture leaves a mess that has to be cleaned up, but the grout is very clean!

Only thing I find is if you squirt anything on the tile to leave, it never sits, just runs off, very frustrating.

I've heard that one trick is to use toilet paper to soak up the cleaner and dab it on the grout for a little while where the damp wad will stick on the grout then remove it and scrub.