Has anyone read...?

Janet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas for childrens books? i've asked on a few forums but nothing has really stuck out for me :D

What sort of age group, and do they have to be new? I know a lot of excellent children's books from my own childhood (10-15 years ago) which should be classics in the children's book world by rights. I'm pretty sure they're all still widely available online, and they include horror, fantasy, adventure etc. Let me know if you're interested in a list of titles.

Any ideas for childrens books? i've asked on a few forums but nothing has really stuck out for me :D

Watership Down by Richard Adams

I didn't read through all of these posts, since there's a lot... but I'm thinking about getting The Private Patient by P.D. James. Does anyone have anything to say about this book, or the author?

If this has been talked about, let me know!!

Don't know the ages of your children, but The Princess Bride by William Goldman is fabulous as is the Harry Potter series and The Hobbit (Tolkien)

Any ideas for childrens books? i've asked on a few forums but nothing has really stuck out for me :lol:

That sort of general question is better suited to our Young Person's section, I would think. This thread is designed more for people asking about specific books.

I read about 20% of The Silver Swan by Benjamin Black last night. I much enjoyed his previous Quirke mystery, but so far I feel as if I'm reading the same novel slightly altered. I often suspect you only have to read one novel by most authors, the rest can sometimes be superfluous, or at least tediously repetitive.

I've been looking at my next choice for my reading, and Im looking at Dean Koontz, Odd Thomas -- Does anyone have any feedback on this author and book? He has a ton of books out, and I haven't read any.. What do you think about them?

I have ten Dean Koontz books on my shelves - and if I have kept them it always means that I enjoyed them enough to think I will read them again some time in the future; Odd Thomas is one of the ten, but I have to admit that I don't remember anything about the story! *blushes* :lol:

I have just had a look on the Horror/Supernatural/Fantasy/SciFi etc area and there is a "Dean Koontz - Good or Bad" thread on page 2 which might help you, sorry I don't know how to post a link.

Edited by Ooshie

I've been looking at my next choice for my reading, and Im looking at Dean Koontz, Odd Thomas -- Does anyone have any feedback on this author and book? He has a ton of books out, and I haven't read any.. What do you think about them?

The general Koontz thread is here - http://bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52

I've read Odd Thomas, and really liked it. :lol:

I've recently read the the first two books in the Odd Thomas series and really liked them. I loved Odd's character and the storylines were interesting and enjoyable to read. I'd recommend them :lol:

Awesome, thanks guys!!

Edit::: I read the thread, and I was thinking about Odd Thomas but now I'm thinking The Taking.. though I'm not sure about aliens! Hmm...

This may call for a change in plans (as I am going tomro to buy a new book)

Has anyone read... The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?

Edited by MountainGirl

Has anyone read Burned- P.C and Kristen Cast? It's not long come out and I haven't been able to put my hands on it yet and was wondering what people thought about it.

Thanks for the reply Christie, I have four kids under the age of 10, 2 boys and 2 girls, I was looking for something that is quite visual and something I can easily read to them before bed. :)

I'm reading The Faraway Tree Enid Blyton to my youngest daughter she's 6. The chapters are short enough to read one a night, not many pics though. Previous to that we read The Wishing Chair which she also loved. I'd also recommend The Borrowers & The Five Children & It E. Nesbit.

I'm reading The Faraway Tree Enid Blyton to my youngest daughter she's 6. The chapters are short enough to read one a night, not many pics though. Previous to that we read The Wishing Chair which she also loved. I'd also recommend The Borrowers & The Five Children & It E. Nesbit.

Thanks KidsMum, I read though some great kids books last month, which were perfect for the kids, but i was looking to get a few more, my kids are getting better and better at reading and they get through books pretty quickly! :)