Desert Island Essentials

LOL the sun tan lotion sounds like a good idea as well as the aloe gel :)

A boat, (to fish from)

A net ( to fish with)

And (seems as everyone else has someone else on the island) someone nice and easy to get along with to do most of the cleaning of the fish (a very yucky job)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL the sun tan lotion sounds like a good idea as well as the aloe gel :)

A boat, (to fish from)

A net ( to fish with)

And (seems as everyone else has someone else on the island) someone nice and easy to get along with to do most of the cleaning of the fish (a very yucky job)

How about Jeeves [butler, played by Stephen Fry in Jeeves and Wooster] he would do a good job being pleasant to you and cleaning and cooking the fish?

...... a wineglass

a case of Chardonnay

a huge supply of Lindt's roasted hazlenut chocolate

How about Jeeves [butler, played by Stephen Fry in Jeeves and Wooster] he would do a good job being pleasant to you and cleaning and cooking the fish?

...... a wineglass

a case of Chardonnay

a huge supply of Lindt's roasted hazlenut chocolate

Lol I have to admit to not knowing Jeeves and Wooster...

Oooo Lindt! How could I forget about a lifetime supply of chocolate?!

Oh and icecream! (i do have a fridge)

And a spade. (very useful things spades)

Lol I have to admit to not knowing Jeeves and Wooster...

Oooo Lindt! How could I forget about a lifetime supply of chocolate?!

Oh and icecream! (i do have a fridge)

And a spade. (very useful things spades)

You must go out straight away and buy the box set of Jeeves And Wooster. I play them all the time, so funny and so cheering! Google them and then buy them. The books are by P G Wodehouse, and are really good, but the DVD better.

I want a spade too [forgot that and after all we don't have a loo!]

how come you have a fridge? where do you plug it in hmmn?

Hugh Laurie [you remember he is with me here, says to tell you that he plays Bertie Wooster in the DVD I told you about, and very well he plays him too!]

I also want some jogging trousers [as I fear I may get very fat here, what with all the fish, chocolate etc.]

and a pair of woolly socks as my feet get cold on this island at night time [Hugh Laurie has his own tent by the way.] :giggle2:

You must go out straight away and buy the box set of Jeeves And Wooster. I play them all the time, so funny and so cheering! Google them and then buy them. The books are by P G Wodehouse, and are really good, but the DVD better.

I want a spade too [forgot that and after all we don't have a loo!]

how come you have a fridge? where do you plug it in hmmn?

Hugh Laurie [you remember he is with me here, says to tell you that he plays Bertie Wooster in the DVD I told you about, and very well he plays him too!]

I also want some jogging trousers [as I fear I may get very fat here, what with all the fish, chocolate etc.]

and a pair of woolly socks as my feet get cold on this island at night time [Hugh Laurie has his own tent by the way.] :giggle2:

Re the fridge- if you check a few posts ago I mentioned a SOLAR fridge so :P:giggle:

Re Jeeves and Wooster - I shall look them up.

Re the sweat pants- I was thinking that with all the fishing and fruit collecting and loo hole digging etc that, that counted as exercise :ROFL:

Edited by Vimes

And we need sandals

And I so need my camera and solar power charger for it

And a laptop, with solar charger.

Edited by Vimes

I see you are getting round everything using solar power! Very cunning :D

Me and Hugh Laurie have decided we want a dog here on the island! [take it for walks, relieve the boredom, get fit etc.]

so, a medium size dog, a spaniel to retrieve any fish,

a dog basket with a little blanket in

and 2 doggy dishes.

Solar is a wonderful thing :)

I love doggies, they are so happy and easy to please :) throw a ball and you are the best person in the universe.

A thick book to write in

A pen

And sharp knife (for the fish and fruit)

Edited by Vimes

Nearly all of us here on the 'Island' now have another person with us [and also a dog in my case!]So Vimes, where is your friend?

You know I told you that Hugh Laurie plays Bertie Wooster? Who you didn't know, well he also plays Gregory House  in House on tv.

So, now, do you know who I mean? Hugh is getting a bit worried that nobody knows who he is, and he thought he was popular!I do my best to reassure him that he is loved and missed, but he's getting mopey [i may swap him later on.]

So, with that in mind,

a piano [so Hugh can play all his jazz stuff]

2 glasses [for our gin, we are tired of guzzling it from the bottle]

and a rubber ball [for the dog, who we have now called Calypso.]

I looked Hugh up and now I know who he is...I'm good with faces but bad with names :)

I am am still thinking about who is here with me...

Cute name for your puppy :)

My three things are a...

big sun hat

Flint to help me make fire

And an axe for chopping fire wood

P.S it looks like it is just me and you again! :)

You guys sound lonely so I'll join you for a bit. I can see you're seasoned desert islanders now so you'll have to put up with the newbie. (I'll borrow Hugh Laurie if he gets too mopey with you, GG.  I'm a HUGE fan of his too)

OK firstly I want a very large comfortable bed, preferably made up with white cotton sheets (I'll have plenty of spare time for beating them on rocks, bleaching them in the sun and stuff, to get them clean)

A large solar powered fan (I wilt when it gets too hot)

A friendly milking cow (I couldn't survive without milk in my coffee)

I think that I might stay here for a few months...:) and is has been great fun, who knew that being stranded on s desert island could be so relaxing?

And talking about coffee, I need a kettle for my morning cuppa tea.

And some tea

And seems as you have a cow can I borrow some milk from you poppy?

Edited by Vimes

And seems as you have a cow can I borrow some milk from you poppy?

Of course you can! Thank goodness for that! I was wondering what ever to do with all this milk I've got left over. I've made yoghurt, cottage cheese, milkshakes and still there's more.......

Ok, I think I'd like an old-fashioned canvas tent, the sort you can roll the sides up on.

A tilly lamp

A voluminous mosquito net to keep all the bugs out at night when I'm reading by my tilly lamp.

Thank you poppy :) I just can't have my tea in the morning without a drop of milk in it.

A gas heater (for those cold nights)

Sugar

And umm lol

Edited by Vimes

I've never tried tea with milk before.

I have never tried tea without it! :P

A Guide to Identifying Desert Island Flora and Fauna

An old-fashioned wind-up gramophone (so romantic)

A huge pile of records

Poppy, is the gramophone solar powered? I just ask :giggle2:

Hugh is getting mopey again, so am sending him over to your island Poppy. I will send for another friend in due course.

I want new books,

lemonade,

a clean duvet cover [so I can wash the one I already have.]

Yummy! :) Earl Grey is my favorite type of tea.

Mine too! I know the correct thing is to have a slice of lemon and no milk in Earl Grey, but I always choose just to have milk.

Nice :) Do we have any coffee drinkers on the forum? I love tea but I'm also partial to a nice mug of coffee with Vanilla creamer.

Yes Rachel, In fact I  am asking for a solar powered coffee machine ,

vanilla creamer [even though I don't know what it is!]

and demerara sugar, also an attractive china mug [oh and a teaspoon, I can't stir it with my finger.] :D

LOL not unless you want a nicely toasted finger!

And yes the proper way to drink Earl Grey is with lemon but... I can never bring myself to try it :P

I would like a pair of sunglasses

A little solar oven

And a crate full of seeds and things like that (so I can grow a few of the things I need)

Edited by Vimes