Desert Island Essentials

book collection ?

lots of paper and pen 2 write with

fishing rod

Geordie! welcome to the islands, feel free to order 3 things every time [we all do] Desert island Supplies .com will bring you anything at all, the sky's the limit.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL well we do have crocodiles in some parts of my country, it is still not Australia :) I am in South Africa... Hot, dry, dusty, quit a lot like Australia actually. Lots of South Africans move to Australia because it is so alike in climate.

I need some more wool and that is it really...

Ah, South Africa, my mistake. I would love to visit SA one day. The husband went there a few years ago on a rugby tour [teacher, so took team of boys.]he had great fun and ended up in Sun City for a few days having a bit of a gamble.

I have to admit to not getting the point of Rugby lol :)

I need...

more books

Shoes

And some new movies :)

Talking about movies, I recently watched Django and Cloud Atlas, they see both great movies!

what are plushies? I want some too! :P

x

In the Netherlands we call them 'knuffels'. I think in English some can also be called 'stuffed animals' or 'teddybears', but only if the thing is question is an animal etc. They're soft toys that children often sleep with. I have a lot of them, collected over the years. Most are upstairs (because I have dust allergies) but I have a few on my bed. A few little ones are on my sofa edge. If you don't get what I mean, I'll take some photos :)!

Ah! yes, teddy bears and soft toys as we call them Athena. I love the name plushies though thought it may be something nice to eat! I have packed up my tent and all the things here on my island now, and am waiting for the boat to take me and the dogs back home again. It has been a really enjoyable time here, but all good things must come to an end.

As hospital looms for me next week I must wrap up my stuff and depart........ but thank you Athena and Vimes for keeping me company on here, it has been great. Happy Christmas to you both,don't really know when I will be back on bookclub, depends how well i will be feeling, but not before Jan anyway. :smile:

Happy holidays and many best wishes to you Gardengirl! Hope that you have a great Christmas and are feeling well soon. It has been great fun here on the island and I am going to miss my cave house :)