Desert Island Essentials

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL yes then we added another three things! these ate super deluxe luxury islands :D

Oh I need Hot chocolate

Creamer

And a bottle of cooking oil

When we started this game I thought we could only have three things :blush:.

I'd like:

A comfy bed

A pillow

A blanket

Yes, as Vimes says.....it's a 5 star Island! You can have three things each time you post on here Athena, and tell us a bit about your Island?

An update on my Island; Jude Law seems very happy here, although he says he must get back in 3 months as he is starting a new film then, he will take this opportunity to learn his script. He takes an early morning swim, then takes Calypso for a walk, then settles down with the script for a bit, I have noticed that he can only read if he says the words in a mutter at the same time, which is a bit distracting, and he asks if we can 'have a run through' of a scene later! Ooh!er! hope it's a romantic scene.I fish most days, something I have never done before  but am getting good at, and prepare a snack of fruit for us. I read, listen to the radio and sometimes go fruit and nut gathering, it's a marvellous existance.My Island has a lovely clear stream running through it and a waterfall which flows into a warm crystal like small lake, where we all frolic [even the dog.]Lots of coconut trees, some banana plants, pineapples and mangoes here , also several kinds of nut trees. The sand is almost white, very fine and warm to sit on.All sorts of birds flit about, very colourful and pleasant to listen to. There is nothing larger than a mouse living here, and hardly any insects.

We have named the Island now............. Bounty Island [like the choccy ad on tv, they came in search of Paradise.] :smile: Bliss.

I have to admit that I am almost running out of things that I can think of to nav here on my island. Will need to start really thinking of stuff soon lol :)

Sounds wonderful, want to swap islands? Just joking lol!

I have named my island Sharks Lookout island (there are more than a few sharks around my island and who could blame them there are tones of nice fat fish around here.) I don't have waterfall but I do have a cliff with a clear blue fresh water lake at is bottom. Tropical trees have taken root in the cliffs and over hang the pool so it is always a nice and cool place to spend the afternoon. My plants are growing well and I have set up a nice home in a cave I found under the cliffs.

Edited by Vimes

Just to let you know, the cookery  book '1000 Wonderful Ways With Fish and Tropical Fruits,' is rather over-rated. I made the Pineapple and Coconut Surprise Cake recipe and Hugh has been going around with a disgusted look on his face ever since. Apparently the 'surprise' element is sardine and I must admit it is rather an odd choice. Anyway, the book seems to have mysteriously disappeared, I think it might have something to do with Rincewind, there is quite a large section called 'Scincillating Sandwiches'. I'd check inside any sandwiches he happens to offer you.

(ps GG re Calypso, you don't happen to be a fan of Mary Wesley's Camomile Lawn, do you?)

Yes, as Vimes says.....it's a 5 star Island! You can have three things each time you post on here Athena, and tell us a bit about your Island?

x

I'd like:

Swimwear for my boyfriend and I

Some towels

Sunlotion (or can we make believe as if we wouldn't get sunburned? In that case I'd like some clouds and a bit of rain too sometimes.)

Hmm well so far there's not much on my island yet. I believe my boyfriend and I have a place to sleep and a few things to keep us busy, but not a lot yet. I'd better keep posting :giggle2:. During the day we spend a lot of time talking and I read my books. Now that we have swimwear and towels we can take a swim in the ocean or in a sweet water lake. We'll also build sand castles, I used to do that a lot when I was a child. There are some trees on the island (an island should have trees imo), so if we want we can find the shade (or hide in our tent). We have a nice comfy bed and pillows that we sleep on at night, or sometimes stay on it during the day since we don't have any chairs yet (I haven't asked for them yet, must put it on the list). My island doesn't have much bugs. That's all I can think of for now.

Just to let you know, the cookery  book '1000 Wonderful Ways With Fish and Tropical Fruits,' is rather over-rated. I made the Pineapple and Coconut Surprise Cake recipe and Hugh has been going around with a disgusted look on his face ever since. Apparently the 'surprise' element is sardine and I must admit it is rather an odd choice. Anyway, the book seems to have mysteriously disappeared, I think it might have something to do with Rincewind, there is quite a large section called 'Scincillating Sandwiches'. I'd check inside any sandwiches he happens to offer you.

(ps GG re Calypso, you don't happen to be a fan of Mary Wesley's Camomile Lawn, do you?)

Hi Poppy! Big mistake re the sardine cake! Poor Hugh, he was expecting you to be a first rate baker! :giggle2: Yes I agree it WILL be Rincewind, so look out for any missing sandwiches [a good book title 'The Sandwich Thief'] No, I have heard of Mary Wesley but haven't read any of her books, all I know about her is that she started writing very late in life.Calypso just sounded right for a tropical Island.

x

I'd like:

Some towels

Sunlotion (or can we make believe as if we wouldn't get sunburned? In that case I'd like some clouds and a bit of rain too sometimes.)

Hmm well so far there's not much on my island yet. I believe my boyfriend and I have a place to sleep and a few things to keep us busy, but not a lot yet. I'd better keep posting :giggle2:. During the day we spend a lot of time talking and I read my books. Now that we have swimwear and towels we can take a swim in the ocean or in a sweet water lake. We'll also build sand castles, I used to do that a lot when I was a child. There are some trees on the island (an island should have trees imo), so if we want we can find the shade (or hide in our tent). We have a nice comfy bed and pillows that we sleep on at night, or sometimes stay on it during the day since we don't have any chairs yet (I haven't asked for them yet, must put it on

the list). My island doesn't have much bugs. That's all I can think of for now.<%2

x

I'd like:

Some towels

Hmm well so far there's not much on my island yet. I believe my boyfriend and I have a place to sleep and a few things to keep us busy, but not a lot yet. I'd better keep posting :giggle2:. During the day we spend a lot of time talking and I read my books. Now that we have swimwear and towels we can take a swim in the ocean or in a sweet water lake. We'll also build sand castles, I used to do that a lot when I was a child. There are some trees on the island (an island should have trees imo), so if we want we can find the shade (or hide in our tent). We have a nice comfy bed and pillows that we sleep on at night, or sometimes stay on it during the day since we don't have any chairs yet (I haven't asked for them yet, must put it on

the list). My island doesn't have much bugs. That's all I can think of for now. <%2

Sorry Athena, it wouldn't let me type anything so your post has to appear twice on here. anyway your island sounds fine! :smile:

Just to let you know, the cookery  book '1000 Wonderful Ways With Fish and Tropical Fruits,' is rather over-rated. I made the Pineapple and Coconut Surprise Cake recipe and Hugh has been going around with a disgusted look on his face ever since. Apparently the 'surprise' element is sardine and I must admit it is rather an odd choice. Anyway, the book seems to have mysteriously disappeared, I think it might have something to do with Rincewind, there is quite a large section called 'Scincillating Sandwiches'. I'd check inside any sandwiches he happens to offer you

I forgot to tell you, Rincewind vanished last week (he was sitting up his coconut tree then pool he was gone), so your their was not him I am afraid. Maybe it was the Chief? Maybe we should watch and see if there is any cakes being avoided without any obvious reason :) lol

I forgot to tell you, Rincewind vanished last week (he was sitting up his coconut tree then pool he was gone), so your their was not him I am afraid. Maybe it was the Chief? Maybe we should watch and see if there is any cakes being avoided without any obvious reason :) lol

What! he just vanished without trace? This is bad, 'cos it means he is invisible now! he can sneak about and we can't see him, oh no. Athena, yes you do still need suncream;although this is a fantasy island, we can't stop the sun burning us [the fantasy doesn't extend as far as that.]You can have a lot more on your island than you asked for, in fact I now want,

Jude Law to go [he is irritating mumbling his script all day long] Vimes you can have him?

a swimsuit [swim costume] I am getting sunburned in parts I would rather not. :giggle2:

A bale of fluffy towels.

Why not send him to the island with the other men on it?

I need tea

Biscuits

And a new boat (seems as I send my other boat off with the men)

I'd like:

- Some nice chairs

- A table

- Some plates and cutlery (or does that count as several things?)

Thats fine Athena it will all arrive together [make sure you sign for it!]

Why not send him to the island with the other men on it?

I need tea

Biscuits

And a new boat (seems as I send my other boat off with the men)

It just came to me that I keep sending males to you [my rejects!] and I don't know, you may be male yourself!I just assumed you to be female like me.what kind of tea, and what kind of biscuits? I f you are not specific they send you all sorts of junk. :giggle2:

LOL I am a female don't worry you didn't guess wrong :D

I was thinking of Early Grey tea and some choccie biccies :)

That's good, I had a feeling that you were! We can all be wrong though.

Great choice of tea, it's the one that I drink all the time, in the morning I have 2 large mugs with breakfast [i don't eat much breakfast, it's the tea I really want.]In fact, just talking about it has made me want one soon, I shall have one while I watch Downton Abbey [on my solar tv of course.] :JC_cookies: possibly with a ginger biscuit!

Earl Grey Tea sounds good. What does it taste like?

You should go an try some, it tastes like flowers (the really proper earl grey has cornflowers and bergamot mixed in with the tea leaves)

That's good, I had a feeling that you were! We can all be wrong though.

Great choice of tea, it's the one that I drink all the time, in the morning I have 2 large mugs with breakfast [i don't eat much breakfast, it's the tea I really want.]In fact, just talking about it has made me want one soon, I shall have one while I watch Downton Abbey [on my solar tv of course.] :JC_cookies: possibly with a ginger biscuit!

LOL that I know, I am wrong a lot so I just stopped trying to guess.

I just have one very big 500ml cup in the morning, no breakfast I am not really a breakfast person :shrug::)

Edited by Vimes

I'd like:

- A book shelf

- Mugs / cups, to drink from / with

- Solarpowered videogame system with games (and tv if necessary) for my boyfriend

they will be delivered to you soon Athena. Where are you going to attach your book shelf [a tree maybe?]Do you need screws and tools?

The nights on my island are turning chilly so I now want

a winter weight duvet

a heavy duty tent,

a small solar heater.

I need a big tent to cover my bath (dont know why I didn't think of this before)

A carpet for the floor of my cave (sand is all very well but messy I am busy moving stones in to cover the floor and a carpet would be nice.)

A hammer and chisel (for shaping the stones.

I never thought of a carpet .... but it IS getting colder now, :o      so I would like to order

an oriental rug [it will look like a flying carpet!] :smile:

my best friend Eileen [but for a limited stay]    LOL

more fruit cake , we are running out of it.