Any Recommendations?

HayleyMarie

I'm looking for more and more new books to read, but now I'm stuck one which ones interest me. I have over 90 books on my kindle in the to read collection but I still want more haha! 

I like Harry Potter, John Green, Sarra Manning, Sarah Dessen, and Jodi Picoult. If anyone has any recommendations I'd be very glad of them, thank you!

Well the first four authors are YA authors, three of which are contemporary and one fantasy.  I haven't read anything by Sarah Dessen (wishlist) or Sarra Manning (TBR). I've read one John Green book and I've read the Harry Potter series (there isn't really anything quite like it, though if pressed I'd say Ursula K. Le Guin - The Earthsea Quartet comes close (this is the omnibus of four books, you can also buy them individually but I think only used these days)). I'm not sure how much help I can be there (though I'd be happy to tell you what I have on my TBR or wishlist in these catagories if you want). But, Jodi Picoult writes for adults, there aren't a lot of books exactly like hers but I'd recommend to try Diane Chamberlain's books, for example The Midwife's Confession. I loved this one in particular. Her books don't have a courtcase like many Jodi Picoult's books but they are told from multiple points of view and contain quite a few plot twists. I might come up with something else to recommend to you, maybe.

If you like Harry Potter, I bet you would love The Witcher series. I don't know if you ever heard (or maybe read?) any book from this series but you should try it ;) I'm not big fan of fiction, but this one is brilliant. Besides, there is also game based on the book but as usual - game or film are not as good as original story.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal favorites to this date are horror, transgressional and satire fiction:

Stephen King:

Misery

Chuck Palhniuk

Fight Club

I hope this helps you out, a different genre once in a while is refreshing. Didn't know how to hyperlink it sorry, lol.

Admin edit: I've removed your links, as they're not allowed for new members, plus I've removed your final book, as it's quite likely to be promotional. Michelle

Edited by Michelle

I  have fallen in love in Dan Brown' books. In my opinion he is the best writter nowadays. Propably you read his most popular books like 'da vinci code' or 'Angels & Demons' but if not- you absolutely must do it. I admire his imagination and inventiveness. He is master in keeps reader in suspense to the end. Brown's books are made in similar pattern but despite it, everyone is different. I haven't read 'Inferno' but i am going to do it. His books are compulsory position for every Fiction book's fan. I provide you that his books don't let you down.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend you books of Khaled Hosseini. This's historical fiction. First novel:  The Kite Runner and second: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Both of them tells about life in Afghanistan. And both are really great! Personally, I prefer the latter.
A Thousand Splendid Suns takes a more feminine perspective live in Aghanistan.
The author write about places own childchood and has a great ability to narrative. This makes the book reads too fast :)

Very touching stories that allow you to learn about and experience a completely different world! I really recommend :)

I  have fallen in love in Dan Brown' books. In my opinion he is the best writter nowadays. Propably you read his most popular books like 'da vinci code' or 'Angels & Demons' but if not- you absolutely must do it. I admire his imagination and inventiveness. He is master in keeps reader in suspense to the end. Brown's books are made in similar pattern but despite it, everyone is different. I haven't read 'Inferno' but i am going to do it. His books are compulsory position for every Fiction book's fan. I provide you that his books don't let you down.

In my opinion 'Inferno' is one of best books written by Dan Brown. You should absolutely read it :)

• 2 months later...