Looking for a novel I read at uni

Hi All,

I'm looking for a book I really enjoyed reading for my British and American Literature class at uni. The class was 1 full academic year and covered all the major authors up to O. Henry. I believe the novel was by an Americal writer. The story is of a medical student's life and times. I think it's set in the 20th century. Don't remember an awful lot, except that I enjoyed reading it very much. The main character's name may include 'Mark' and/or 'Elliot'.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could remember what the book is.

Many thanks in advance,

toonieboy

Hello,

welcome to the forum, hope you like it here as much as I do. I can't help with remembering your book I'm afraid, but the topic might ring some bells with others.It's always annoying when you would like to re-read a book and your mind is a blank on title and author!

• 2 weeks later...

as with GardenGirl, I too cannot help with naming the book. However, maybe a little extra clues might help someone identify it. What genre was it (crime, thriller, romance, etc)? Any plot key points that might help identify it? Do you remember what the cover looked like (I know it sounds silly but when you've worked in book shops, the amount of "it has a blue cover" queries you get are phenomenal)? Anything that would help spark someone's memory or recognition of the book...?

Oh, and welcome :D

Edited by peterjmerrigan