Baking Cakes In Kigali by Gaile Parkin

I just finished this, I liked the cover but all the way through I was comparing it to McCall Smiths Ladies Detective Agency. Although this book is set in Rwanda, it is quite harrowing at times but I enjoyed the characters in it and of course it's about cakes, so wasn't at all terrible. A recommended read.

I've heard about this novel many times (and for some reason it always reminds me of Kabul Beauty School, which is non-fiction, though. I would recommend it anyways!). I think I'm going to have to add this to my wishlist now :D (There's another book this always reminds me of, one that I haven't read. A bookseller in some (to a Finn) exotic city/country?)

Edited by frankie

I will add Kabul Beauty School too thank you :)

You're welcome, it's only appropriate that I could recommend something to you now that you've made me add a book to my own wishlist :D

I think the one you're thinking of might be The Bookseller Of Kabul by Asne Seierstad, but it's non-fiction though, not a novel.

Oh yes, that's it! Thanks! :smile2: I didn't remember it was non-fiction, but I don't mind, as long as there are books and a bookshop :D I'll have to see if I have already added it to my wishlist, and if not, it's definitely going on it now :)