Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Raven

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who will go this coming weekend I wonder?One thing for sure, it won't be Dave, the public [whoever they are] all love him!

You jinxed him .. well done :clapping: 

Went to mum and dad's this weekend so actually saw Strictly in its entirety (instead of catching up with the dances on Claire's website :smile:) .. no Bruce though .. hoorah!! .. what brilliant timing ;)  :giggle2:

Some thoughts :blush2: ...

Not a fan of Tess much but love Claudia.

Sorry that Natalie couldn't dance .. it looked as if it would be sensational. Hope she feels better and can continue because she's brilliant.

Patrick really dances for joy .. out of all the dances I liked his best (though Darcy was a bit naughty giving him a 10 when the lift went wrong .. only a little bit naughty though :blush2:)

Was embarrassed for Dave, Mark, Ben and Fiona (the first two especially) .. not to mention Anton who I'd rather got a bye on all latin dances :giggle:

Abby's charleston was ok .. I'm not a fan of it much and I prefer it when its a bit more gawky.

Susanna danced well and looked lovely, she seems to have a great connection with Kevin.

Sophie looked lovely, danced the steps ok but had no fire or connection with Brendan. It didn't look passionate enough (not many couples though have pulled off a great AT .. probably could count it on one hand if that .. I can only think of three.)

Ashley did well and has a spark about him .. but it was a bit hoppy skippy and I felt he was only an inch or two away from disaster at times.

Agreed wholeheartedly with the decision and was annoyed with Len for being so rude to Mark as it was unneccesary. Yes I'm sure they're meant to base it on who's best during the DO .. and Mark did rather go to pieces .. but has Dave actually ever showed he can dance .. even a little bit?

Agreed wholeheartedly with the decision and was annoyed with Len for being so rude to Mark as it was unneccesary.

Totally!  Goodman's an idiot.  He behaves like a child at times, throwing a strop.  And he says he looks for the good in the performances, then has a go at Mark like that.  There was no need at all for him to do it, Mark was feeling bad enough as it was :banghead: 

I can't stand Goodman, as you can tell   :giggle2: 

Patrick and Susanna are my favourites at the moment.  I think Natalie's awesome, but I'm not sure she'll win, cos she started so well and has maintained the level, rather than progressing as others are.  Abby's pretty good, so long as she doesn't speak :giggle2:   Sophie seems to have been going backwards ever since her charleston - all her dances look the same to me.  That's about it really :D  

Totally!  Goodman's an idiot.  He behaves like a child at times, throwing a strop.  And he says he looks for the good in the performances, then has a go at Mark like that.  There was no need at all for him to do it, Mark was feeling bad enough as it was :banghead: 

I can't stand Goodman, as you can tell   :giggle2: 

Me, neither. I used to but he has got increasingly crotchety and, as you say, childish.  He had a pop at Craig during Len's lens saying that he (Len) liked to focus on the positives of each performance and not the negatives and then five mins later (don't try to kid us it's the next day :D) he lays into Mark unnecessarily :confused: My hypocrite warning went off :yes: 

Patrick and Susanna are my favourites at the moment.  I think Natalie's awesome, but I'm not sure she'll win, cos she started so well and has maintained the level, rather than progressing as others are.  Abby's pretty good, so long as she doesn't speak :giggle2:   Sophie seems to have been going backwards ever since her charleston - all her dances look the same to me.  That's about it really :D  

I don't mind Abby's accent :smile: .. she does seem to be improving though she's always shown potential. I agree about Sophie ... I wonder what it is? She looks as if she can't quite let go but in the charleston she was able to with great success. I doubt Natalie will win but she will make it to the final I expect if fit (and then .. who knows?) Patrick is my fave at the moment .. I like Susanna too but Patrick is just edging her (in my affections :D)

Me, neither. I used to but he has got increasingly crotchety and, as you say, childish.  He had a pop at Craig during Len's lens saying that he (Len) liked to focus on the positives of each performance and not the negatives and then five mins later (don't try to kid us it's the next day :D) he lays into Mark unnecessarily :confused: My hypocrite warning went off :yes:

I find him very false.  He's more concerned with pulling stupid faces and spouting his little catchphrases than with actually saying anything constructive.  And, as blunt as Craig can be, it annoys me when Goodman starts shouting over the top of his comments.  Just do us a favour and shut up Len! :rolleyes:

I don't mind Abby's accent :smile: .. she does seem to be improving though she's always shown potential. I agree about Sophie ... I wonder what it is? She looks as if she can't quite let go but in the charleston she was able to with great success. I doubt Natalie will win but she will make it to the final I expect if fit (and then .. who knows?) Patrick is my fave at the moment .. I like Susanna too but Patrick is just edging her (in my affections :D)

I think you're right about Natalie, if she's well enough to continue right through to the end - I can't see the judges voting her out in a dance off, unless she really messes up, or one of the others becomes that good.  Patrick's last two dances have been great.  Such a shame about the slip up at the end of the routine on Saturday.

I find him very false.  He's more concerned with pulling stupid faces and spouting his little catchphrases than with actually saying anything constructive.  And, as blunt as Craig can be, it annoys me when Goodman starts shouting over the top of his comments.  Just do us a favour and shut up Len! :rolleyes:

He is false and also is one of the worst for having favourites and making allowances for them whilst being extra critical of others. I still haven't forgiven him for his week two rant at Kimberley last year :mad: Given that it was such early days she didn't do a bad foxtrot at all and compared to Dave this year .. in week seven .. it was marvellous .. and yet Len glossed over all the horrors of that travesty of a tango and found things to praise about it :roll2: 

I think you're right about Natalie, if she's well enough to continue right through to the end - I can't see the judges voting her out in a dance off, unless she really messes up, or one of the others becomes that good.  Patrick's last two dances have been great.  Such a shame about the slip up at the end of the routine on Saturday.

I guess the only danger for Natalie is if she ends up in a DO with Susanna or someone like that .. I can't see it happening though and anyway she's done two of the danger dances already (samba and rumba) so I imagine the rest will be crowd pleasers (there is that previous dance training though which rankles with some but she has a lovely natural rhythm and feel for the music that can't be taught I think.) Poor Patrick and Anya .. I think it was a wardrobe malfunction :blush2: .. still he carried on and made the best of it .. and all with a lovely smile :smile: He has got the dreaded samba and rumba still to do though .. possibly .. and they're not always great dances for the celeb men (I never want to see Mark's rumba again as long as I live :D) but then he has a lot of style so maybe he will be ok with them.

Thoughts ...

Didn't like Mark's jive .. if indeed it was a jive :D I like him and he does put the effort in but latin isn't his strong point :blush2: Fiona didn't look comfy in those lifts and so the smooth wasn't that smooth. It looked a bit awkward at times though she is a classy lady.

Aww .. poor Patrick :empathy: another wardrobe malfunction. He can certainly move those hips and it was one of the less embarrassing male celeb sambas I've seen but I think that early blip rattled him.

Susanna and Kevin were rather wow .. Kevin especially .. I'm not sure I actually can recall Susanna now I think about it  :blush2:

Didn't quite 'get' Natalie's charleston and sort of fell in and out of (I can't say love :D) like with it :D

I thought I'd cringe a bit at the cowboy paso but Ashley did well I thought .. I don't really like Ola's choreography though .. her paso routines .. bar the costumes .. all look the same to me. 

Similarly Ben coped well with the smooth .. he did look a bit out of his comfort zone at times but then it's not easy for a great big burly rugby player is it? He's great at the lifts as you would expect.

Lastly the two quicksteps. There wasn't much to choose between them really ..  there was too much gapping in Abbey's (you could've driven a bus between them :D) and I'm not sure her frame was right all the way through but I do like her attack and the fact that she really danced it with confidence. Less gapping in Sophie's but, for me, she doesn't attack enough and there is always that feeling that it would fall apart if Brendan wasn't steering. She looked out of control on some of those .. if not all of those .. spins.

The right people were in the dance-off and probably the right person went home so well done the public :clapping: 

Not sure what Bruce meant when he said to Mark .. 'if there was ever a dance that wasn't for you' :o .. I hope he meant because of his dodgy knees. However, he was quite right .. jiving and Mark don't go together .. it's just it was tactless and a bit demoralising to hear when you've just come panting from the dancefloor. Does Bruce ever engage his brain?

Judging and marking were all over the place but then when aren't they?

Edited by poppyshake

I have to conclude that Craig is a liar.  He's always saying that they have to eliminate the person they think performs worst in the dance-off, and base their decision only on the dance-off, yet he still picked Fiona to stay.  Even with my uneducated eyes I could see that she went wrong several times :rolleyes:

Thought Susanna & Kevin (from Grimsby)'s paso was awesome!  But they couldn't let her keep the high score for just one week, could they? :banghead:  :D

I thought Ashley improved on his last ballroom performance, better posture and frame but not better than his paso last week.  I'm a Brendan fan, so I'm probably prejudiced, but I didn't agree with the judges comments - I thought there was a definite connection between them, and watched it back a second time, and still thought Sophie danced for and with Brendan.  She needs to improve finishing her lines, especially her arms, but much better than her previous latin.

I liked Mark's foxtrot performance, but too much out of hold for me, especially as he also suffers with problems with finishing his line and I want to scream at Iveta every time for not teaching him how to shape his hands!!!! (But I love Iveta - she's so funny on ITT with her dead pan responses to Marks comments at times :wub:)

The biggest problems for me this week were the song choices - especially Natalie's tango and Abbey's paso, as the dances just don't connect with the songs.  I think Abbey's paso especially, could have been fab with a stronger song (as proved by Susanna last week with the more traditional ballroom paso music).

Definitely an underwhelming week though, and will be interesting to see who's in the bottom two tomorrow night (I never look at spoilers! :D).

Yeah, all a bit of an anti-climax after last week, for me.  I actually agreed with most of the judges' comments, for once, especially about Ashley's head position, and Susanna's cha cha, and about Sophie (sorry Claire!).  Totally agree about the song choices, some very strange ones last night.  I did vote for Natalie this week, thought she was the best of an average bunch.

Btw, Claire, Kay introduced me to your Strictly website and I just wanted to say, it's brilliant!  :D

Getting back to the dancing, I don't know why, but I'm distinctly underwhelmed by Natalie.  I think it's her lack of personality but I can't warm to her*. 

As much as I like Mark, I think he might go tonight.  Or maybe Ben? 

*ETA:  Apparently I said the same on here last week! At least I'm consistent!  :giggle:

Edited by Janet

Btw, Claire, Kay introduced me to your Strictly website and I just wanted to say, it's brilliant!  :D

Thanks! I'm not very good at the design side of things, but it's got as much information as I can find to cram into it for any die hard Strictly fan. :D I've just started an advent calendar on there today too.  :xmassmile: 

I enjoyed last nights programme more than the previous week, but the marking was all over the place!  Now while I agree with Len that there wasn't enough of Natalie's American Smooth in hold (it's supposed to be 40% minimum), it's not fair to criticise that, then give Abbey 10s for a routine that was mostly disco and not much salsa?  I thought Patrick's charleston was okay, but he's still flat footed, so I  can't agree with 10s there either.  In fact, I don't think any dances deserved 10s last night, but obviously the judges see things differently!

I did actually like Mark's samba, and was impressed by how much proper samba content Iveta put in, but the marks were about right for him.  Loved Sophie's Viennese waltz and definitely up there with her charleston, and again the marks were about right for that too. I also loved Kevin's choreography for Susanna's quickstep, there was just too much of it, and she came a cropper in one section where she was a step behind him all the way through it (I think it's the same bit I saw that Craig pointed out) and I think because the song was so fast and there was so much content in it, it seemed much longer than the other dances, but personally, I don't think it should have got 9s with the mistakes that were in it especially if you've given 9s to Sophie who had a slight problem with her neck on the spins, but didn't go wrong.

I don't look at the spoilers, so I have no idea who's in the bottom two or going home this week, but I voted for Sophie and Susanna, just because those are the only two I really don't want to see go this week.

I thought this week was much better :) Yes, it's fair to say that Abbey's dance lacked salsa content .. but I thought it was a similar concept to Flavia & Louis's salsa to 'I've Had the Time of My Life' .. which again was mostly moves taken from a film and they got 10's for that. I thought Abbey was pretty sensational though .. she dances with such confidence. Patrick was a bit flat footed (though as nothing I thought to Chris Hollins whose Charleston always gets raved about yet he had no swivel at all) but I like his attack too. Sophie I though was much improved .. though there's something not right about her feet .. especially when she spins on the spot (I'm sure there's a technical name for this :blush2:) .. it's quite ploddy. Why Artem would choreograph an American Smooth so out of hold as that when he must know that Len always has a fit about it (as he did with Kimberley's last year) I don't know .. I quite like the modern AS's myself. Shame as Natalie is a brilliant dancer and would have done a lovely 'Fred & Ginger' I'm sure. A pity about Susanna .. it was a lovely routine but it did get messy. She was an early fave of mine but I'm un-warming to her somehow .. I love Kevin though :blush2: I don't like .. and hardly ever have .. Ola's choreography .. it just doesn't light my fire :D .. in my view it wasn't a dance of love at all. I didn't really like Mark's samba either but he did give it a good go and it was an improvement on his jive and rumba.

I tell you what.....   [as Len might say].... you are all improving on here [never mind the dance floor] on your 'dance  reviews', you will soon be pro's, you know so much about ballroom dancing now [well, maybe you did before?] :giggle2: So, who will go this week? I jinxed poor Dave by saying he would stay a while, so I think it's time that Ben went now, and it's getting a bit yawn yawn about his rugged good looks, he is a poor dancer!

Mixed bag wasn't it? I didn't think anyone deserved a 10 but then, there weren't many handed out.

I'm normally as embarrassed as anything by the male celeb Rumbas .. but really liked Patrick's because he was very manly about it :blush2: I didn't think Ashley was too bad at Salsaing at all .. perhaps a bit awkward at times but he can shake it. I didn't like Susanna's AT .. though the music choice was dire and hard to do a smouldery AT to .. what's more I didn't like Kevin either :o (Lord .. I hated the MJ moves :blush2: .. seemed so out of place in an AT.) There was too much skirt wafting in Natalie's Paso but that was Artem's fault so why Len would lay into her like that I don't know (other than he's a miserable old :censored:)  I thought she danced .. what she was given .. well. Really didn't like Sophie's Tango .. she's too floppy. Her head moves were not snappy at all and I still have a problem with her feet. The thing with Sophie is .. her level is about the same now as it always was .. infact I think her wow dance came early. Abbey I really liked again, there are still problems but the gapping was improved and she does glide so well. She feels the music and can interpret that through movement which is always an asset. Her hair was driving me nuts though (but that dress was amazing.)

There was too much skirt wafting in Natalie's Paso but that was Artem's fault so why Len would lay into her like that I don't know (other than he's a miserable old :censored:)  I thought she danced .. what she was given .. well.

Yeah, I always get a bit annoyed with that (but then I get annoyed with Len in general - he shouts all the time, and he laid into Patrick unnecessarily last night, as he did with Mark a few weeks ago).  Artem's so arrogant he'll never learn, though (no, can't stand him, either :giggle2: ).

Thought it was a bit of a 'meh' week, really.  Nobody really impressed, to the point where I didn't bother to vote.  I'm now convinced Susanna is going to win, though, because she obviously has the public vote :shrug:

I think, from what I've heard, Sophie has the public vote .. though obviously Susanna has a large share of it too. It's definitely going to be a lady :D:cows: 

I did like Artem with Kara .. the dances were brilliant and unsurprisingly (considering they are still a couple now .. at least I think so) the chemistry between them sizzled. Since then I haven't really enjoyed him. Yes he's arrogant but I can't really think of a male pro who isn't. Pasha doesn't seem arrogant .. or Anton .. and I didn't think Ian or Matt Cutler were but other than that .. Brendan, James, Artem and Vincent are all more than a bit in love with themselves and think they know best .. imho. Not sure about the newbies .. I like both Kevin and Alijaz but it's early days. Kevin seems very nice but then he's engaged to Karen Hauer so :shrug:  :D 

I prefer the femal pros :blush2: .. though not Karen .. and not particularly Kristina or Ola either :D I really miss Flavia and Natalie Lowe this year but like the new girls.

I think, from what I've heard, Sophie has the public vote ..

That's a complete mystery to me, I must confess.  I don't dislike her, but I think she's my least favourite out of the remainder :shrug:

I just listened to the cheering when Susanna and Kevin got through - it seemed it was louder and lasted longer than the ovations for the actual dances :lol: