Never Ending Song Titles - Part 8

On 10/27/2020 at 6:33 PM, muggle not said:

The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

On 10/29/2020 at 5:59 AM, Madeleine said:

Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen

No match. Try again.

Rules for the game:

Post a song title using one word from the song title in the previous post.

For example:

Post #1: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Post #2: Don't Let the Sun (Go Down on Me) - Elton John

Try to use the song title only, but if you're absolutely stuck for ideas, the artist's name will do a pinch.

Edited by muggle not

I'll kill two birds with one stone ;)

Every Day's Like Christmas ~ Kylie Minogue

(what I think's happened is Madeleine has replied to the song on the previous page. It's something I've done frequently too. You get a notification to say someone has replied to the post, you click on it and someone else in the meantime has already replied and it's gone to the next page.)

Edited by poppy

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:31 AM, muggle not said:

No match. Try again.

Rules for the game:

Post a song title using one word from the song title in the previous post.

For example:

Post #1: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Post #2: Don't Let the Sun (Go Down on Me) - Elton John

Try to use the song title only, but if you're absolutely stuck for ideas, the artist's name will do a pinch.

I know what the rules are, please don't patronise me.  I actually think there is an issue with my computer, it's the work computer and I have similar issues with work applications whereby it will suddenly "jump" to something unrelated, I think this is what is happening here.  I have tried to have it repaired, as recently as two weeks ago, and it keeps happening.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 9:53 AM, Madeleine said:

I know what the rules are, please don't patronise me.  I actually think there is an issue with my computer, it's the work computer and I have similar issues with work applications whereby it will suddenly "jump" to something unrelated, I think this is what is happening here.  I have tried to have it repaired, as recently as two weeks ago, and it keeps happening.

To be honest it's not a test, it's just abit of fun. So not sure why you would have to "try again." think it happens to everyone every now and then.

It can especially happen if people are posting within seconds or minutes of each other. 

I wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses

On 11/2/2020 at 4:53 AM, Madeleine said:

21 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

To be honest it's not a test, it's just abit of fun. So not sure why you would have to "try again." think it happens to everyone every now and then.

It can especially happen if people are posting within seconds or minutes of each other. 

I wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses

Obviously you didn't appreciate my comment on the rules of the game (and it is only a game). I was only trying to keep the thread on track. I created this thread many, many years ago and I believe it is the longest running game thread on the forum. Even Poppy and I had a row years ago on the rules for the thread.  However, I will now bow out. 

5 hours ago, muggle not said:

Obviously you didn't appreciate my comment on the rules of the game (and it is only a game). I was only trying to keep the thread on track. I created this thread many, many years ago and I believe it is the longest running game thread on the forum. Even Poppy and I had a row years ago on the rules for the thread.  However, I will now bow out. 

Please accept my apology because I honestly didn't mean to upset anyone. All I meant to say was I personally didn't think it would be a problem to continue form where Madeleine had last posted.

Please don't feel you need to bow out. I dont want to cause upset not on this forum or anywhere. 

6 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

Please accept my apology because I honestly didn't mean to upset anyone. All I meant to say was I personally didn't think it would be a problem to continue form where Madeleine had last posted.

Please don't feel you need to bow out. I dont want to cause upset not on this forum or anywhere. 

No need for you to apologize. My apology to you for quoting your post.

Yes messages can cross over. I do have a genuine problem with this computer, in that it can suddenly pull something across from another screen and insert it (happens at work too, it's already been sent back twice for repair and is still doing the same thing) - in fact it seems to have happened on my book list thread as another list suddenly appeared so if that could be deleted (it's the one that only goes up to July or August rather than the up to date one).