Posh Club

Seeing as how you're curious, I've moved the posts to a separate thread.

The Posh Club is an Aberdeen-based book group that meets on the last Tuesday of each month in the Old School House bar on Little Belmont Street, Aberdeen.

Every month, a member either chooses the monthly book, or nominates two or three to choose from, in which case there is a vote on which it will be. We then all read the book and gather at the pub to discuss it.

Purple Poppy and I are both members there (in fact, it's soon going to be her turn to nominate the book!).

If anyone would like any further information, you can visit the WEBSITE.

:):roll:

Kell - are you and PP in the photo? (You don't have to say which ones you are - I'm just curious!).

I wish I could make a website. :( I'd love to do one for our bookclub, and also about my sponsor child in Africa, but I've no idea how to make one.

Every month, a member either chooses the monthly book, or nominates two or three to choose from, in which case there is a vote on which it will be. We then all read the book and gather at the pub to discuss it.

If anyone would like any further information, you can visit the WEBSITE.

:D:(

Awesome -- I am so jealous.

Four quick points:

1. Very cool to be members of a "real life" book club.

2. The website rocks - I like the banner at the top and it's layout.

3. You meet at the pub, how incredibly civilized of you.

4. Posh - it is soooo Gilbert and Sullivan, I just know there is a lyric (from The Mikado?) that deserves a posting in here but I just did a frantic and hopeless search and can't find it.

Congrats - it sounds like pints of fun.

Ohhh! Suzanna will be so proud! I need to visit the website and check out the photos as I know Sooz has put new ones up. Hang on...

Sugar! Yes. Kell and I are on third top, with Kirsty; and Kell, cos she's so beautiful, managed to get onto one of the bottom ones!

I am very naughty cos I took some at Christmas and haven't sent them to Suzanne. I'd better do it now while I remember!

Yes, it's my choice next month. I've already threatened 'The Woodlanders', but I'd better have three others ready for nominating. I have several ideas!

Pp:lol:

Janet, try putting 'website builder' in a search engine, and have a look through the results. (I'm not sure what's around right now.) You'll most probably have to adverts on the site, but the alternative is to pay someone to design it, and to pay for hosting (unless your ISP offers hosting with your account.)

Janet, try putting 'website builder' in a search engine, and have a look through the results. (I'm not sure what's around right now.) You'll most probably have to adverts on the site, but the alternative is to pay someone to design it, and to pay for hosting (unless your ISP offers hosting with your account.)

Or if you want something very simple that's free, check out wordpress.com.

Ah yes, thanks Sam.. I forgot that I've started recommending that people can use a blog to build a site. You simply make posts that have the content you want, then in the list of links, you link to the relevant posts. (I'm sure that doesn't make sense! lol)

Can you get hosted wordpress blogs now? Blogger has also improved, you can cut things out, add them in etc

In the 3rd picture, I'm to the far left (next to PP) and in the last picture, I'm the blonde pulling a ridiculous face to the right (nearest the camera).

Yes, I thought it was easier than leaving it all in the nominations thread, which will get archived shortly - otherwise we'd get the question asked again later on - LOL!