The Book Thief it's a movie

Librarylizzi

On the one hand  :yahoo:  .. on the other :wibbly: (please don't ruin one of my fave books). I like Geoffrey Rush but he's not at all how I imagined Hans to be .. ditto Emily Watson but sometimes this is the case and then all your doubts disappear when you watch it .. fingers crossed this is one of those times. John Williams has composed the score which is brilliant.

I'm hoping the voiceover on the trailer is just that .. and not the voice of Death. I am starting to stress about it and I didn't know of it's existence until today :D If they get it wrong I'll hunt them down and ... and ... give them a right good telling off :motz:  :D 

I am one of those odd people that don't like to watch films where I've read the books before. There are only a few exceptions, Salmon Fishing In The Yemen is one I enjoyed. This book for me was almost overwhelmingly good and I want to watch it but will have to somehow "forget" the book if that's even possible lol

On the one hand  :yahoo:  .. on the other :wibbly: (please don't ruin one of my fave books). I like Geoffrey Rush but he's not at all how I imagined Hans to be .. ditto Emily Watson but sometimes this is the case and then all your doubts disappear when you watch it .. fingers crossed this is one of those times. John Williams has composed the score which is brilliant.

I'm hoping the voiceover on the trailer is just that .. and not the voice of Death. I am starting to stress about it and I didn't know of it's existence until today :D If they get it wrong I'll hunt them down and ... and ... give them a right good telling off :motz:  :D 

I am with you!

I hope they don't ruin a great book.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody else seen the trailer for The Book Thief yet? I think it looks really good, I can't wait to see it. I know there are plenty of fans of the book on here too  :smile:

Here's a link if you haven't seen it yet

Edited by Michelle
merged with existing thread