Lee Child

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read all his Jack Reacher books and I think they're great. He's one of the few authors I activly keep surveillance on to check for new books.

same here

i do think he's in danger of becoming formulaic though

and he's done the opposite to elizabeth george, being a brit who sets his stories in the usa

I've read all his Jack Reacher books and I think they're great. He's one of the few authors I activly keep surveillance on to check for new books.

I have read a few of these, and enjoyed them. He's one of the authors I turn too, when I cannot decide on anyone else to tell you the truth...a "comfort author", if that exists.

He did one book but for the life of me I can't remember the title but it was a prequal where Reacher was back in the Army. I really liked that one, it helped him develop in my mind. I'd like to see a few more like that. And bring back neagley lol
that title was "The Enemy"

:friends0::D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone else read this? I got it as a birthday present over the weekend and have just tonight cracked it open (probably a mistake to start it on a work night, since I can't seem to put a Jack Reacher book down until I have read it through, and six a.m. comes awfully early!) This is Child's eleventh Jack Reacher novel and I have read and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. I love his tight, clean writing style, and the impossible jams Reacher gets himself into, and OUT of. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has read it, and what you thought of it.

Jean :roll:

I bought Child's Die Trying at Heathrow on my way to Singapore last year. I'm afraid I found the book very boring, pretentious and frankly illogical. The characters were very cardboard and the situations highly improbable in this day and age. Even allowing a margin for artist's licence, there has to be a modicum of common sense to a supposedly serious story and this one had none. I will not be wasting any more money on Lee Child's books.

Aromaannie, I haven't yet read one I didn't like. If it were me, I would start with The Killing Floor, which was his first, and work my way through, oldest to newest. They are very fast-paced, exciting books and it doesn't take long to get through them.

Jean :(

Aromaannie, I haven't yet read one I didn't like. If it were me, I would start with The Killing Floor, which was his first, and work my way through, oldest to newest. They are very fast-paced, exciting books and it doesn't take long to get through them.

Jean :(

Thanks - have added it to my wish list at Amazon

I finished Bad Luck and Trouble yesterday and enjoyed every word of it. I normally polish off a Jack reacher novel in a sitting or two, but a family member is in the hospital, so I have been busy visiting. I find Child's style to be very entertaining reading. He has a way of creating scenarios that seem impossible, and then within a few pages, handing the reader a solution that is perfectly reasonable, and not at all contrived. I'm already looking forward to next year's offering: Play Dirty. :(