Lee Child

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read almost all of jack reacher novels, and some of them more than once. I really love jack reacher character. Only complaint I have is the writer is sometimes inaccurate about weaponry, tactics and martial arts and other details. But despite this they are very exciting novels and I will continue to read them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished Running Blind. What I like about him much like Michael Connelly is that he leaves you little clue as to whodunit but when it's reveal and explained to you; you're sitting there going how did I not pick up on that. Both very good authors.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed them all but the latter few are starting to get a bit 'samey'... Still good books to read though :cool:

I have only read the first one and am planning on reading them in order but had a horrible feeling that they would be very samey (his style reminded me a bit of John Grisham) but seeing as how you think they are only samey in the later ones then I will assume they aren't as bad as I am imagining.

• 1 month later...

This is just crazy stupid. Tom Cruse is a little guy. I will not watch this movie even though I love jack reacher. They should have got someone like The Rock or Steve Austin. I do not think jack reacher would jump on the sofa like Tom Cruise on Oprah show.

I have just been reading that Lee Child has won the novel of the year award at the Harrogate Crime Writing Festival and am shocked :o to discover that he is in fact English.

I am currently reading my second LC and have to say that throughout both books I have been reading them thinking to myself "this is so American" and then whenever I look at his picture inside the cover I always think "you can tell he is American just by looking at him" :doh: You think you know someone :rolleyes:

Edited by Easy Reader

Apparently he is 'thrilled' that Tom Cruise is playing Jack Reacher in the film personally I am less so and it will probably put me of watching the film even though I am a big fan.

Apparently he is 'thrilled' that Tom Cruise is playing Jack Reacher in the film

Not that I'm cynical or anything, but I have no doubt he was paid vast sums of money to say that :lol: