• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 littlemissbookworm

littlemissbookworm

Settling In

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

I totally agree with Vimes! If only I had the cash then I would spend much of them on books. haha! Anyway, is the Percy Jackson series worth reading? Didn't like the movies much, but I'm willing to give the books a try. 

I have read the Selection series by Kiera Cass. I loved the characters. Waiting to get my hands on The Prince (book 3)

I am currently reading City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments series). Pretty good, too. 

And my bff mentioned Divergent. It's all she talks about lately so I'm guessing it is good as well.

#22 Palagrin

Palagrin

Settling In

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Reading now?:Conquest
  • LocationKent

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

And my bff mentioned Divergent. It's all she talks about lately so I'm guessing it is good as well.

Divergent is one of those books you read and think "this is pretty cool" and then 6 months later you think "actually, it wasn't that great". It's okay, but there are plenty of better books to spend your time with.

#23 Michelle

Michelle

The Boss!

• Admin
  • 9,463 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I have to disagree with that one, I have loved Divergent, and even enjoyed a re-read, which is unusual for me. I wasn't keen on the end of the series, but I'd still recommend Divergent. :)

#24 Palagrin

Palagrin

Settling In

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Reading now?:Conquest
  • LocationKent

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Insurgent was worse, to be honest. I have yet to read Allegiant but I hear mixed views.

#25 Michelle

Michelle

The Boss!

• Admin
  • 9,463 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Insurgent improved for me on a second listen. Allegiant has disappointed me.

#26 Vimes

Vimes

Bookworm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Reading now?:Too many books to mention! :p lol
  • LocationIn whatever world my latest book has sent me too.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

I quiet injoyed the Percy Jackson books, and I don't read a lot of YA books. So I would give the first one a try littlemissbookworm. The books are hugely different from the movies. They left a lot of the history and plowing out of the movies and down right changed other things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: young adult, books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users