Your Book Activity - August 2013

Janet

I have started on the Secret Keeper by Kate Morton. Not sure what to make of it yet- it's a new author to me.

I really enjoyed The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, but that's the only one of hers I have read.

Finally getting a little more time to read as Jojo is starting to sleep better.

Goodo! Puppies are exhausting, aren't they? :thud:

I've finished Hexed. I get a feeling the endgame gets shorter. It wasn't exactly long in the first part either. But I have to admit I don't mind too much. They could put the arc of suspense a bit higher, but I enjoy the power play and "investigating" more than the fight anyway.

I started a book called The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain on Friday and read it in one sitting!  It was such fun!   Has anyone else read it - it was Amazon's deal of the Day one day last week but I'd seen it in March and liked the sound of it.

I finished Black Beauty by Anna Sewell today (enjoyed that too) - I'm not sure what to read next.  I have two book club books to read for 18 September but I might leave them until nearer the time.  Hmmm...!

It took me a little while to get into it. I really struggled with Amy's tone in her diary entries, but soon enough it got better.....

I tried sticking with Gone Girl for a bit longer but could feel my mojo slipping away! :irked:  so I put it back on the shelf and will go back to it another time :blush2:  

I am now three quarters of the way through  And The Mountains Echoed ~ Khaled Hosseini such a good story and I love the way he writes.

I started to read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline on my kindle earlier today. I am only one chapter in but I can tell this is just the kind of book I will really enjoy.

I loved that book - I hope you do enjoy it, Brian :smile:

I made a start on The Odyssey this morning :smile:

I started to read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline on my kindle earlier today. I am only one chapter in but I can tell this is just the kind of book I will really enjoy.

x

I've got this one on my shelf (albeit in a big paperback edition and not a smaller one). I've heard a lot of good things about it, look forward to hear what you think when you've finished it.

x

I just started the Ocean at the End of the Lane, since people keep recommending it to me. :)

x

I've heard good things about this one too, I hope you like it! (it's on my wishlist)

I finished Case Histories Kate Atkinson at the weekend , such a good read & Jackson Brodie is the perfect flawed hero, i look forward to reading more of her books  :readingtwo:  I started reading Moon Over Soho  Ben Aaronovitch yesterday & i'm already nearly halfway through, my mojo is fine fettle at the moment  :smile:

Picked up at out Bookcrossing meetup last night ' The Storyteller' by Jodi Picoult a fellow bookcrosser saw I had it on my wishlist and brought it along.

Also making progress with 'The Returned' by Jason Mott not the same as the recent TV series.

I finished Case Histories Kate Atkinson at the weekend , such a good read & Jackson Brodie is the perfect flawed hero, i look forward to reading more of her books  :readingtwo: 

Glad you enjoyed it. :boogie:

I'm about 65% through The Snow Child, which I am enjoying a lot. Can't see how it will end though.

I'm about 150 pages into The Odyssey

Odysseus just poked the Cyclops's eye out with a big stick.  This isn't going to end well . . .

:hide:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Glad you enjoyed it. :boogie:

I'm about 65% through The Snow Child, which I am enjoying a lot. Can't see how it will end though.

x

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! In my enthousiasm I actually have two exact same copies of this book. I should get around to reading it sometime!

I'm about 150 pages into The Odyssey

Odysseus just poked the Cyclops's eye out with a big stick.  This isn't going to end well . . .

:hide:

x

Below spoiler for anyone who read Karsa's one:

Oooh nice!! I think that's an excellent part of the book.

Have stalled on reading for the last week and I am still reading Black Sunday by Thomas Harris. Hoping to have that finished by Sunday, enjoying it so far but just haven't had any sort of time to put into reading the last week or so. Just exhausted all the time without even having done anything  :banghead:

Finished The Snow Child. I'm a bit disappointed by the ending.

I'm going to start Origins by Randolph Lalonde. I think it may be one of the first books I bought for my Kindle all the way back in February 2011. It's only taken me 2.5 years to get around to it. :giggle2: Nothing wrong with that, is there? :giggle2:

Finished The Snow Child. I'm a bit disappointed by the ending.

So was I. I thought the book on the whole was so good and was expecting the ending to be a bit...more I guess?